18

NATALIA POV

Like karma, revenge is best served cold - almost as cold as the wine Carina spilt all over me last night.

I never forgive. Neither do I forget but she does. She forgets who I am and what I can do to her. It is time I remind her.

More so now that she has chosen me to be her partner.

As Dimitri formulates pairs out of the 8, I move towards Carina.

"Hello," I flash her the sweetest smile I can master but she does not return it. Instead, she kisses her teeth and turns to me, a scowl on her face.

"Listen here, Natalia. I know you hate me; you always have. So, let me make one thing clear here. If you mess this first dance up for me, I will mess it up for you, too. Got that?"

I almost burst into laughter at her futile attempt at being tough. To me, she will always be that spineless, little imbecile from 12th Grade dance class.

When Dimitri makes the final pair, she storms for the locker room. I follow behind her, and put a hand over her shoulder when I catch up.

She turns around, and slaps the hand I have on her off. I start, "Look, Carina. If this is about what happened at the club-"

She cuts me off, "I know you fucked Master Julian."

"Did your dad tell you I fucked him too?" I smile, arms crossed as I wait for a response which, of course, never comes.

I continue. "I am always a thousand steps ahead of you, Carina. You better watch your back."

With that, I strut past a shocked, immobile Carina. Once I am in the locker room, I wear a different pair of pointe shoes.

My boyfriend, Nicholas comes up beside me, wrapping me in his warm embrace.

"Why do you always do that?" He asks. "It is such a waste of time."

"Not to me," I respond as I put the other pointe shoes in the locker and lock it.

I smile, "Those are for the second dance."

I escape from his embrace when my phone buzzes with a single text,'Meet me now.'

With that, I start for the door, but Nicholas stops me, "Everything alright?"

I smile, "Yeah, I just need some air... It's a bit stuffy in here."

"Want me to come?" I sense the double meaning behind that.

"Not today." I try to get past him but he pushes me back against the locks.

"If not today then when, Natalia? I'm sick of your stupid excuses. We made a deal-"

"A deal that did not even work out. I mean, look at her-" I motion to Carina, who has her back to us "- the drugs we put in her wine did not even work one bit. Now, fuck off."

With that, I push him off of me and storm out of the room. The hallway to the abandoned dressing room is cold, dark and eerily silent.

When I get to the room, it is dimly lit by the cracks in the ceiling.

A figure emerges from the dark, "I was waiting for you. And I do not like waiting. You should know better."

"I do know better, Dimitri-" I get down to my knees and unzip his pant "-That is why I'm here."

•••

if this chapter seemed rushed, sorry! It was either this or no update at all for the next IDK.

My country is having 11 hour power outages from now on and it sucks bad.

Anyways, give me your thoughts on the chapter!

Also, votes! And follow me! Bye!