08

SALVATORE IS A SIN. The mere idea of him a temptation. One I cannot resist even if I tried. I do not try as I lower the shower head between my legs.

I Get off on him and what he has done and what he promised to do to me. I open wider and let the touch of the water caress the delicate folds between me.  

I moan at the pleasure the pressure ensues but I curse at the fact that it cannot be him. I cannot let it be him. Never. Not when he murdered the people I love.

I toss the shower head to the floor — mad that I need him so bad. I sink to the cold shower floor and shed tears. I do not know how long I sob there, but when I hear the sound of the phone, I stand to leave the bathroom.

I do not bother to put on a towel as I am alone in the dorm room. I have been for a week now. When I reach the phone, the caller ID reads, “Isabella.”

I take a deep breath and countdown from 10 in an attempt to calm down. I do not want her to be concerned. I clear my throat before I pick up the phone.

“ALL THE BEST ON YOUR AUDITIONS!” She screams in the speaker.

I smile as I proceed to respond. “You remembered.”

“Of course I did. We are best friends remember?” She speaks before I hear a cough in the background.

I was too overcome with emotion to ask her about her mothers health I realize before I ask. “How is mom?”

“She is much better now.” She speaks. “And dad Got leave to take care of her. So expect me back in a few hours. I am on a bus back now.”

“Great. The auditions end at 5pm. See you then. Bye.”

“Bye.” She responds before I cut the call. I pull on a pair of brown tights and pink leotards. On top of it all I wear black sweatpants and a hoodie.

I stuff a few items in a tote bag before I have an apple and leave. As I head for the bus station whispers follow me. The whole university knows about Ricco and now there are rumours about how I made Ricco commit suicide because I cheated on him with his boss.

I throw the hood over my head and I do not take it off even when I Get on the bus. I watch the world outside pass in whooshes as the bus is set in motion.

I think back to when I moved here in March. I did not know much back then. Now I know a lot like bus stops and stores and restaurants. It is almost as if I have lived here forever.

The bus comes to a halt on Saint Peters’ avenue.  I leave the fare before I drop off. From there — I open google maps which directs me to the Ballet Studio.

Had it not been for the poster that reads ‘Dance Elites Studio’ — I would have mistaken it for a store or some small office space.

When I enter the place — I show the usher proof of my registration before she takes me to the backroom where all the other dancers are.

She assigns me a locker and hands me a key. Then she leaves. I take off the hoodie and the sweatpants before I put on my pointe shoes.

“Contestants. The auditions are about to start. Please head to the theatre and take up the seat with YOUR AUDITION NUMBER.” The woman from earlier announces before half of the people in the room diffuse out.

I check what I look like in the mirror before I soothe back the loose strands of hair with Gel and put on some Chapstick.

After that I am good to go. I head into the theatre. It is like most I have been to with a stage and the judges seats in front of it.