09

THE CLUB IS DARK YET I AM LIGHT as a feather under the influence of the alcohol. Whatever it is. All I know is that it is brown in colour and burns like FIRE in a furnace. I do not mind that as I dance like never before and with whomever as the music blasts all around and the red and blue disco LIGHTS illuminate the dim space.

MY BLADDER is full but I would be a fool to leave the brown liquor unattended to. I take it all in one shot but not without the scrunch of MY EYEBROWS. It burns. I need some water now. The pee can wait.

I squeeze out of the crowd on the dance floor and stumble to the bar. There I discover Natalia and a blond dude whose name must have been Nicholas or SOMETHING in those lines.

I do not care much as I look around and tell them. "I need some water."

"What? No." Natalia moves off of the bar stool with a wine cup. "We were about to make a toast."

"No." I shake MY HEAD. "Go ahead without me."

"Come on." She pushes the drink from her hand to mine. "One drink never hurt a soul."

"Fine." I respond before she smile. We stand around her in a circle before we raise our wine cups when she speaks. "Let us raise a toast to success."

"To success!" we all repeat to one another as we clink cups. I watch as all the other people take their wine in one shot.

I place mine on the table and decide that I will have none of it. Natalia has other plans as she shouts. "What is the matter Carina? Can YOU not handle a little wine?"

I dismiss her as I retrieve MY TOTE BAG from the chair. She chuckles as she shouts - "THOUGHT SO. You are as weak as YOUR MOTHER."

That does it. I take the wine cup and toss its contents over Natalia. She GRITS her teeth before she sweeps her wet hair to the side and spit. "You cannot take a JOKE either."

"That was no JOKE Natalia and YOU KNOW IT. The next time YOU SAY SOMETHING as nonsensical and insensitive as that I will do much worse. Got that?"

"Got that?" Natalia imitates me before she chuckles. ALL EYES ARE ON ME as I battle the devilish desire to beat Natalia. I do not fall for the bait as I head out of the club.

An act of violence inside or outside Dance Elite could result in disqualification. She knows it. To think I had hope that she had turned from her treacherous traits.

It is pitch black outside the club. When the cold air hits me - I remember that I need to pee. I look back at the club and the entrance is full. I cannot head back in there. I check the time and it reads 8pm on top of all the missed calls from Isabella.

I want to call her back but the need to pee is more. I ran for the ALLEY. There is no one but I hide behind the metal dumpster container as I squat.

I almost scream when I realize I have TIGHTS and leotards on. However the need to pee overcomes all the sense I have left in me.

There behind the dumpster - I take off the hoodie and the sweat pants. Then I take off the leotards and the TIGHTS.

For a moment I Just squat there under the moonlit NIGHT with NOTHING but a bra on. The cold air caresses MY SKIN before I hold up the TOTE BAG with clothes in it and let the pee ran out of me.

When I am done - I pull out some tissue from the BAG and wipe. Then I put on the sweatpants and hoodie. I smile - appreciative that some drunk dude did not walk in on me naked.

When I stand from behind the metal dumpster container - I see the reason no one walked in on me.

"Salvatore?" I exclaim as more of a question than a statement. "Am I drunk or ARE YOU REAL?"

"Both." He responds as he comes around the dumpster. I step back from him but that does not stop him as he steps closer and closer to me.

In no time I am sandwiched between him and the cold wall. I let out a breath as I look up at him under the star-studded skies. "You lied."

"You lied to me too." He responds. "That makes us even."

"I never lied." I defend.

"Then WHY did YOU meet up with the cop?" He spits. "I heard YOU even kissed him."

"That is none of YOUR BUSINESS." I state - arms crossed to put some distance between our bodies.

"It is MY BUSINESS." He pushes me onto the wall and makes one THING clear. "I OWN YOU NOW."

"No. You do not." I scowl. Who does he think he even is? He forces me to look up at him as he lets out his next words.

"THEN PAY BACK THE MILLIONS YOUR PARENTS OWED." Salvatore demands. "Unless YOU want to end up six feet under like them."

"You murderer." I scream as I push him back to no avail. "You murdered them."

"THEY DID THAT TO THEMSELVES." He takes out a piece of paper and shoves it in MY TREMBLING HAND. I unravel the old piece of paper and there written in what looks like blood is MY FATHERS HANDWRITING HAUNTINGLY INKED AGAINST THE PAPER - "I ENRIQUE GONZALEZ HEREBY SEAL THIS 'DARK DEED' WITH THE SHEDDING OF MY BLOOD. IF I FAIL TO PAY BACK WHAT IS DUE - MY BLOOD & MY BLOODLINES' BLOOD WILL BE SHED IN THE SAME CRIMSON WAY."

"It is called a 'dark deed' for a reason and YOU ARE PART OF IT CARINA." He tells me before he take the paper from me. "Either die or spent the rest of YOUR LIFE in service of me and the capos after me."

He raises MY BLOOD to a boil and that is how I knee him in the balls and spit - "I would rather die."

...

HI BABES! DID YOU ENJOY THE CHAPTER? I HOPE SO!

BYEEEEEEEEEE. XOXO <33

PLEASE VOTE! COMMENT! SHARE!