11. Orange

Oli stayed on the phone for five minutes but I couldn't really talk because of my crying.

He's apparently in the hospital so I mumble where I am through crying. When the door opens I put up my phone and he comes over and hugs me tightly.

I hug back needing it. I cry into his shirt and he kisses the top of my head. "Darling you'll be okay," he says but here's the sad truth. I won't be... yes there's a chance I get through this but that chance is slim.

I don't say this though. That would worry him. Instead, I keep quiet and pull him closer making him climb onto my bed and gently sit on my legs as he holds me.

After ten or so minutes I'm quiet and calmer. I let go and pull away and look at him. Oli looks upset and worried. "After you get out we can get icecream?" He suggests to cheer me up.

The worst part about being sick is you get all the free ice cream you ask for. The worst part about that is realizing that there's nothing more they can do for you. Ice Cream can't make everything okay.

I smile lightly to give him hope. "Okay, I should be released soon," I say softly. I have the urge to cough but I already tried coughing earlier, it's just a feeling that won't go away.

Tyler, my doctor, comes in and smiles when he sees Oliver on me. I blush and Oli looks at him. "Hey kells, I got the results back but I'm going to wait for your parents, or do you want me to explain it twice?" He says and I shake my head. I don't want Oli to know why I'm here.

"Okay, sir can you move away I need to listen to his breathing?" Tyler says and puts his stethoscope in his ears and coming over. Oli gets off but takes my hand in his.

Tyler puts it to my chest and tells me to take breaths in certain ways. He then makes me lean forward and puts it to my back. When he's done takes them off and frowns.

"Does it hurt to breathe?" He asks and I pout.

"I feel like I have to cough and it's uncomfortable," I mumble and he nods.

"How often do you cough up blood?" He asks and Oli gives me a surprise and weird face. I look away from him.

"About every other day.." I whisper and Tyler looks at notes and writes something.

"I think you have some blood in your lungs but it will fix itself," he informs me.

"What's wrong with you?" Oliver asks.

"Can you get me jello? It's downstairs in the food court," I tell Oli and he frowns but nods and leaves.

Once he's gone Tyler looks at me and frowns. Everybody has been frowning at me today. "He doesn't know?" He asks and I pout.

"He doesn't need to, I'll get better," I say and he sends me a little smile.

"Is he you're boyfriend?" He asks and I giggle and blush.

"Not yet," I say and my parents walk in. Yay.. time to know if I'm getting better or worse.

-

As We all sit in silence the door opens making all of us jump. Oli looks at my parents as he walks in holding a cup of orange jello. "Here you go," he says weakly and I take it from him. I have no appetite.

I put a piece in my mouth but it tastes bland and horrible. This happens to even my favorite foods. I chew it to stall but the longer it's in my mouth the more I feel like if I swallow it I'll throw up.

I grab tissues from the table beside my bed and spit it out into it. "Please eat," my mom asks and I look at her. She's been crying so much. My eyes go to my dad who also cried today.. then to Oli who looks worried.

Tears slide down my face. "I can't... I can't eat it," I cry and shove it into Oliver's hands. I then get out of bed and grab my skirt that has blood on it.

"I r-ruined it," I say throwing it into the trash as I cry more making a special out of myself.

"We'll buy you a new one-" my dad starts.

"What if I die? Are you going to bye me a new one of those?" I cry and Oliver comes over and hugs me stopping me from pulling my hair I wasn't aware I was pulling.

This shuts up my tantrum. I hug back and cry into his chest. "You aren't going to die, sweetie. Don't talk like that," my mother says softly and my dad agrees.

Life can do terrible things, it's unpredictable. "Can we go? Please? I don't like the smell of hospitals or the walls," I say and wipe away my tears. I'm going to be okay. I won't die.

I'm strong...

"Yeah, I'll go to the gift shop and get you some clothes," my mom says but Oli takes off his oversized hoodie. If it's oversized on him it will be gigantic on me.

"Its a dress," he says smiling and now putting it on me. I don't stick my hands through the arms yet. I until my gown and it falls down and then I put my arms through. It goes down to my knees and the sleeves are floppy. I giggle and wiggle my arms.

"Thank you, Oli," I say and my dad comes over and shakes Oliver's hand and they say their names and greet each other.

"You look adorable in black," he says and I blush. I give him another hug and then pull away after a little while.

"Do you want to ride on my motorcycle?" He asks and my mom's eyes widen.

"Can I?" I ask trying not to get excited before I know if I can.

"Yeah you can," my dad answers. "He'll be okay," he tells my mom and I hug Oli again excitedly.

"Yessss! Let's go!" I say grabbing his hand and dragging him out.

Gosh, I hate hospitals. I really don't want to die inside of one...

Will I?

No.. no I won't. I am strong.