It's You

Veronica was in the student lounge, waiting for her blonde best friend, and her beanie-wearing friend who somehow made her jealous. She had no clue why, mostly because she never had a crush on him. She never felt even attracted to him.
She watched as they walked in, Betty looking down at her feet like she was in a trance.
"What's wrong?" Veronica mouthed to Jug, and he shrugged, looking worried.
Betty sat next to Veronica, and drew her legs close to her chest, her feet now on the couch. Veronica moved closer, and whispered, "Betty? What's wrong?"
Veronica signaled Jug to leave, and he left reluctantly.
"B..? What's wrong?" Veronica spoke, curious. Betty looked up at her, and a tear fell from her eye, "family problems?"
"No, no. It's boyfriend problems.."
"Like what? Did he r.."
"What? No? Jug wouldn't do that. It's.. i like someone. And I hate that I would do that to Jug."
Veronica looked down at her feet, and rubbed Betty's back, "I know it can be hard, but hun.. you have to tell him the truth. You're such a good person putting him first, but this is one of those times where you have to listen to your heart. What do you really want?"

Betty put her feet down, and sighed, "If I told the person what I wanted, she would hate me for life. And on top of that, my best friend would as well. And then, on top of that, my current boyfriend would hate me. I can't do that to you guys.." she realized what she had said, and immediately placed her hand over her mouth.

"Us? Betty, who are you talking about? It better not be Cheryl unless you're thinking of moving to Alabama-"

"What? No. V, it's you. It's you I want!" Betty ran out of the room, crying.

Veronica chased after her, and caught her arm as she tried to move away again, "B, what do you mean?"

"Never mind. Rejection always happens."

"I never said I was rejecting you, B.." Veronica said, stepping back a little, "We're not gonna do this in a hallway with a bunch of homophobes."

Betty smiled slightly, "How about we hang out with Cheryl and Toni? Just them?"

"Sounds fun. I'll text them," Veronica smiled, and turned, walking away through the busy hallways.