Knowing You

Veronica walked into her penthouse, dropping her spring coat on the little table near the front door. Betty and Toni followed in after her.

Hermione and Hiram were out for the night, a date night at the Five Seasons. They were either doing what normal couples do, or they were just there doing illegal things. Like buying businesses and stuff like that.

"I can't believe she would say that to us," Betty frowned.

"I can," Veronica scoffed, walking to her room.

"Can we not talk about my girlfriend please?" Toni said, "I'm going to bed. Thanks for letting me stay."

Betty nodded and followed Veronica into her bedroom, and sat on the bed, "Did you enjoy last night Betty?" Veronica asked, "You know, aside from the... encounter we had last night with the boys."

The blonde-haired princess blushed, and Veronica moved to sit at the chair in front of the vanity, but facing Betty, "I think I like you, Veronica. More than friends."

"I think I like you too, B," V smiled, but then looked down, "But it'll be a love square, not just a triangle."

"Why?"

"Archie loves me, Sweetpea likes me.. and now there's you. I don't know if I can handle it, B."

Betty nodded, standing up, "You know what? My parents probably need me for dinner. You know, chores afterwards. I'm sorry for bothering you," Betty ran out of the penthouse before Veronica could say what she was going to say next.

Betty ran on home, and went straight to her bedroom, ignoring her mom and dad's yells to come eat at the table.

Veronica stayed in her bedroom, tapping her foot lightly. I can't believe I just let her run away. Especially without saying goodbye. Damn.

Betty heard a soft knock on the wooden door, and she called the one outside of the door in, and it was Jughead. Jughead, a tall boy with jet black hair, and a flannel tied around his waist, "Your mom called me, Betts. Last time I checked, you were still my girlfriend," he went over to her, and hugged her tightly. Not in a romantic way, but in a safe way. A safe way so that she knew that she was not alone.

"I..I thought you hated me."

"What?" Jughead asked, looking down at her, "Why would I think that?"

"Because that's how people think of me! People look at me, and they listen to what I say, and they judge. They judge without knowing HALF OF THE SHIT that is going on in my life. So yes, I think that. I have felt so damn alone these past few years, and I don't want that to keep growing."

"Listen Betty," Jughead said, but she was in her head way too much, so he tilted her head up to face him, "Here's what I think of you. You are an amazing girlfriend. You always put up with my bullshit. And I think that you'll gladly put up with Veronica's. I mean, damn. Knowing you is like I just stepped in heaven. Heaven and hell combined. Because I know who you are. You have a light and a dark side. So listen, Betty Cooper. If you love Veronica, you go get yourself some fine piece of Veronica Lodge's ass. You deserve everything good that the world has to offer."

"So.. you think it's fine for me to date Veronica?" she asked, and he nodded, smiling.

"As long as it makes you happy."

Jughead and Betty laid under the covers and cuddled with each other until dawn in a platonic way. One thing was for certain that night. They were better as friends than as a couple.

-------------------------------------------

no hate against bughead, i love them, but this is a beronica story so- <3

enjoy, and good night lovies!

<3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3