11:05 PM

Veronica sat on her bed with her knees drawn to her chest, shaking lightly. She was glad that she didn't apply makeup that morning, or else it would all be stuck on her face from the tears that she had shed since Betty had left. She lost her boyfriend, and may have lost her best friend. 

She loved Betty though. Enough to know that she wasn't going to forget her easily. She knew that she had to call, maybe even text her. But she also knew that she didn't have the guts to do it. She was worried that it would just hurt Betty more. But the reason why Betty left wasn't because Veronica rejected her... but Betty must've thought...

She quickly hopped off her bed, and ran to her phone, picked it up. She checked the time when it flashed on. 11:05 pm. She should be awake. She then went to Betty's contact in her beige phone, and called her:

B: Hey V.. what's up?

V: I hope you didn't get the feeling that I was rejecting you, B..

B: It's okay, V. You can tell the truth. You don't like me.

V: I'll tell you the truth. Meet me at Pops in the morning, 9:00 am for breakfast. If you don't show up, there's my answer. That you don't want to have anything with me. And I'll understand. Okay?

B: Fine. Okay. 

V: Get some sleep.

 The call ended as Veronica went back to her bed, dressed in her favorite purple satin pajamas, a tank top shirt and shorts. She let her head fall gently to the pillow, and sighed as she recalled the events earlier that day. She thought I rejected her.. I didn't mean for her to be afraid though. 

She slowly drifted off to sleep as the moon shined through her bedroom window.

+++++

Betty laid there, next to her ex-boyfriend who had fallen asleep hours ago, and she just wanted to fall asleep with him, but she couldn't. She couldn't shake the fact that she almost had sex with her best friend. She couldn't shake the fact that her guy friend was now going to be one of those guys that teases the person who slept with Veronica. Would Archie do that to me? She thought, her thoughts spoken much louder than her expressions. 

It's never okay to cheat. Betty knew that. But is it really cheating when you don't feel love for that person anymore? That's horrible, Betty. Don't ask that. Of course it is cheating. She gave Jughead all of the reasons to hate her, but thankfully, he didn't. He still loved her as a friend, and she would have to accept that. 

--------------------------

hey lovies!

hope you enjoyed!! <3

-mica <3