CHAPTER ONE [Y e s t e r d a y]

CHAPTER ONE
[Y e s t e r d a y]

A year later, Tokyo is slowly recovering. The same is true with Nine and Twelve.
Lisa saw with her eyes everything's progress and how the justice for children who have become victims of the Athena plan was achieved.

The whole world knew who Phinx really is. Lisa was bombarded with many questions but none was answered by her. She thought he would never start again because of her trauma. She also had months of paralysis and did not talk to anyone. In other words, she was temporarily mute.

But here she is in front of everyone. She is trying to make things better. Forced though it even it is extremely difficult. She also gradually returns to normal. But just like before, it seemed there was still something missing. Or must she say was lost.

She also continued her studies. Now, it's summer class again. When she has time, she insists on going to their graves. He offers them fresh flowers and prays.

She also recounts everything that happened throughout her day. As if she were just in front of them. She couldn't help but shed tears in both eyes every time she remembered everything.

Yes, it still hurts for Lisa. All the same as it did yesterday. If only she had done something . . . If only she had not have been near them . . . it wouldn't have been this way.

"I miss you, Twelve and Nine. I know you are happy and you have achieved the justice you desire. Thank you very much that I have met you. You're always in my heart. . ." she whispered alongside tombs of Nine and Twelve.

Her tears seems to burst out once again until she couldn't stop it. She knew it was what it should be. To put it at ease, though, she did carry a little weight on his shoulders - painful memories of losing two people who were close to him in a very short time.

But it gave her an indelible hope that she would soon surrender to the challenge of life in the world she lives in.

She could feel the warmth of the air as a result of the summer. Their first encounter with Twelve continued. Where she saw the smiles she would never forget all her life. Smile as if the heat of the day . . . as if to give a sense of relief.

From there, her tears fell even more. She tried her best to keep it silent but she gave in . . . not knowing if anyone else would see her.

It hurts to think that no matter what she does, even if she cries with a thousand tears . . . she will never bring Nine and Twelve back.

She was so sorry that she could never bring it back. That she might have done something during the shooting . . . when Twelve's lifeless body had settled.

It was during those times that she cannot even do a thing . . . as if the world had stopped.

It seemed that Lisa was breathing hard and suddenly had lost her consciousness. She just woke up in the hospital ...

"All right! I'll be leaving. Until next time, Nine and Twelve." The pain in Lisa's eyes reflected the bereavement. She left a smile on both of them before turning away.

She was walking when she met Sir Shibazaki. It was the police that substituted Nine and Twelve cases. She smiled.

"Have you visited them again?" suddenly Shibazaki asked the girl as hefinally encountered her on the road.

"Yes, sir," Lisa replied frantically to the man.

She was about to continue walking when Lisa suddenly stopped. He asked Shibazaki if he knows what music has been listening by nine.

"It's from a cold country. . . the title is Von. Meaning hope," shared Lisa.

"Alright. Hope."

The man asked again. It smiled sweetly at her. A bit of pity passed through the eyes of the good Detective.

"All right," Lisa said in reply.

"Lisa, when you need something, just tell me. . ." Shibazaki said.

The girl smiled before turning away. Shibazaki continued walking until he reached his goal.

She carefully placed the flower next to Lisa's flower. He felt the wind blowing all around before he spoke. "Now, it's all over. . . I will not neglect them. I will do my best to make everything better. I know this is the right thing, Nine."

Shibazaki slowly closed his eyes, feeling the silence of the surroundings. Only the chirping of the birds dancing along the wind can only be heard.

 Only the chirping of the birds dancing along the wind can only be heard