CHAPTER TWO [T h e B e g i n n i n g]

CHAPTER TWO
[T h e B e g i n n i n g]

Nine years later . . .

Lisa Mishima is still as quiet as ever. She has a soft face that resembles an angel. She has eyes which speaks of thousand words, a perfectly sculpted nose, a rosy cheeks and lips, a skin as white as snow, and a slender body, and her height plays out at 5'5".

She's working in a mall's bookstore as a saleslady. Although quiet, Lisa had to deal with the work she was assigned. She wants to cure her mother who is currently in the hospital for people with depression. She is happy because of the changes in her mother's status. She became calm and was already able to smile. Not like how she used to be.

With each passing day, she persevered for her Mom. Although there are still memories haunting her . . . she is already happy.

It was nine years ago but she still couldn't forget the pain it caused her.

In the middle of the night, she suddenly wakes up in sleep as she continues to weep and whisper the name of Twelve.

Years later, she still didn't let go.

Sometimes, even at work and when alone, she could not hold back the tears because of the constant attack of her memories with Twelve.

It still hurts her to lose him. Even though she have aged up, she still keeps the memories they have. Most of all, the smiles that lighten her burdens. The smiles she will bear until the end of her life.

Without Twelve, she would not have been as stable. She is grateful for him for everything as he has taught her to keep going no matter what. As a young lady, she had a reason to live again . . . and she would not waste it.

One day, as she was coming home from work, she met an old man.

He seems to be in a deep thought, as she almost bumped into him. She wouldn't want to talk to him because he was a stranger. But there seemed to be a voice whispering in one part of his mind.

That's why, so she couldn't control herself, she immediately approached him.

She was concerned about him because he seemed so anxious in those moments. He seemed like he was looking for something that he couldn't understand. So to have guts, she asked the old man.

"Are you looking for someone, Mister?" Lisa asked the elderly after he reached for her.

She repeated the question again because it seemed that he had not heard it. So now, she said it again louder. Suddenly he glanced at Lisa and the old man asked for pardon for not answering her right away.

Lisa asked if anyone was in trouble and maybe she could help. The old man looked at her for a long time. He seemed a little hesitant but later, he kept telling Lisa what's wrong.

Lisa realized that he had been looking for his grandchild for a long time. The elder said that even though he was very busy, he still had time to look for his grandchild.

Lisa asked this if he has still living with someone. Where are his children are and even his wife.

The old man said his daughter died in a car accident with her husband and her grandson.

Sadly, his grandson's body was never seen on the scene. The grandson was only four years old when the tragic event occurred in their family.

The old man did not believe his grandson died. He is hoping that the day will come when he will find his grandson as well.

After telling her this, he looked into her face. Although smiling, it still didn't wash away the sadness in his face.

The old man later asked what his name was. Suddenly she smiled, because he already told her a lot of thing but they still didn't know each other. It's just that, she felt comfortable with the old man, and he seems to be in the same way.

"I'm Lisa Mishima. You are?" Lisa introduced herself to the old man.

"I am Mitsuko Yamade," he replied as he ended the pleasure of getting to know her. "Thanks for listening, Lisa. If you don't mind, I will take you to your place," offered the elder.

Lisa refused but the old man insisted, so she agreed. After all, he was right. It is hard to go home alone at night and many evil people are spreading in their city today. She then came after him. In a while, a fancy car approached them.

When they arrived home, she bid goodbye to the old man before getting out of the car. The man followed her outside. He seems like he still doesn't want to let her go.

The old man looked at her intently then smiled. "Thank you, Lisa. Maybe you and my grandson has the same age."

Liza just smiled at what he said. While on her way to the gate of the apartment's building, she even waved at the old man.

He then waved back before the car went away.