CHAPTER SEVEN [ M Y L A D Y ]

CHAPTER SEVEN
[ M Y  L A D Y ]

TWELVE REMAINED sitting on the bed looking intently at the sleeping lady. He smiled briefly as he continued to watch.

It can be seen in the eyes of the young man how much he loves the girl. Then suddenly, he rubbed Lisa's cheek.

A promise of love was whispered in his mind. He would always keep her by his side. He will do everything he can to protect the girl.

He first kissed Lisa briefly on her cheek before finally getting off the bed.

He went to the bathroom to get dressed. When he’s finished, he went straight to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for Lisa. After cooking, he left a note for the girl in case she looks for him when she wakes up.

He went out after that and proceed to the parking area where he left his motorcycle. He immediately took his key on his pocket then started the engine. Before leaving, he had his last glance of the place.

AFTER A WHILE, Lisa woke up feeling very comfortable except for the pain in her lower body. Lisa blushed as she remembered the previous night when the sweet thing happened between Twelve and her.

She didn't think she would experience anything like that with him. She was really overjoyed, but she suddenly remembered that everything was temporary because she had decided last night that she would be gone and let go of Twelve.

It was for his sake. That's the right thing to do. It may be difficult, but it is best to stay away from him soon enough. While she is not yet drunk with the love of the young man. It will just hurt more when it lasts longer.

She decided to get up from bed. She saw the red stain, symbolizing that Twelve was the first one to take her. She can’t stop smiling at the thought of Twelve being gentle with her all night.

She will never regret giving him everything. For Lisa, true love doesn’t wish to get something in return.

She immediately picked the shirt on the floor that she used last night and wear it again.

She called for Twelve but no one answered. When she got out of the room to look for him, she noticed that the key of his motorcycle was not on the keyhole.

She went straight to the kitchen after feeling the hunger. Who would not be after what happened last night?

She saw the food that Twelve prepared upon reaching the kitchen. He’s really thoughtful. She also saw a note of him saying, “Good Morning! Just enjoy eating, my lady. I hope you’ll enjoy it. Be ready because when I return, we’ll continue what we didn’t finished.”

She covered her mouth then felt herself blushed. She can’t stop herself from feeling thrilled. She thought of how Twelve looks like when writing the note.

Lisa was full of energy and appetite while eating. She couldn’t stop admiring Twelve because he’s also good even in cooking. Shes really no match compared to him. He’s good at everything. She continued thinking about the happy moments with him while eating.

ON THE other hand, Twelve has reached his destination. He stopped his motorcycle underneath a big tree. He went straight to the gate after and immediately opened it. The sound of the steel can be heard.

He took few steps upon entering the gate before getting into his destination. He remained standing for a few minutes but took a sit after.

“It’s really grassy in here,” Twelve muttered. He put the flowers on the ground. He noticed the whithered flowers laying there. He’s sure it’s from Lisa.

It took a while before he talk again. He glanced at the sky first then slowly closed his eyes. He let himself feel the warmth of the sun carried by the wind. Even the birds flying and playing on the branches of the trees sends peace to Twelve.

“It’s good to be back here, Nine,” he said cheerfully on the grave. But in a few moment, he was in deep thought. Gauging every word to say. “ I missed you, Bro.” He felt like crying. “I know you’re happy wherever you are."

Twelve was now in deep grief. Yes, his memories are completely back since the night he saved Lisa and he heard her call him by his real name.

He let some time pass by before leaving. He went up and utter words of farewell to Nine. He’s about to walk away but something urged him to look back. He touched the thing with his name engraved in it and immediately pulled it up.

LISA IS getting herself ready. She wore the same dress yesterday. She decided to go while Twelve is not home. She left a note just in case he’ll look for her. Before she closed the door, she took a glance on the room where she officially became a lady in the arms of the first and last man she’ll love. She’s saddened with the thought that it would be her last moment with Twelve.

She rushed going downstairs after locking the door hoping not to bump into Twelve. It would be hard for her to go if that happens. She knew him. He’s not that easy to believe and has a strong sense.

She took her cellphone and dialed the number of Mr. Yamade. She’ll accept his job offer.

She quickly made his way back to his apartment, as there were too few cars and the road became too narrow. In less than thirty minutes he was in the apartment. She prepared her things then contacted a delivery truck to fetch her things to her new work place. She has even let her former employee know about it.

The old man told her through the call that she’ll not be assigned in the city but in their province. She’ll live in their mansion because she’ll be his personal assistant. She’ll represent all the transaction about his business. So, it’s better if she live there. The old man has been into heart attack so his case is sensitive.

She could see that he’s really delighted that she accepted the job because she’s the most trusted person to give his ideas. After fixing her things, she went to her mother. She needs to tell her about it properly. She promised to visit during her day offs.

UPON OPENING the door, Twelve immediately looked for Lisa. But no matter how he searched for her, he couldn’t find her. From the table of her bedroom, he saw a note saying that Lisa would just go somewhere.

He sat on the sofa and let his throbbing head rest.

He noticed that the pain happens too often since he’s memory came back. He even went to his doctor for check up. He said it’s normal because he just regained his memory.

The grains of sweat slowly crept to his forehead though his aircon was on. He closed his eyes tightly, and immediately he held his head. His teeth nearly clenched. He shut his mouth so he could not cry from the pain in his head.

It took seconds before the pain in his senses finally disappeared. He took a deep breath. He just felt tears rushed down his cheek.

He recalled his experiences with his therapy in France. The Neuroligist said he was okay so he became relaxed. Hewiped her tears violently. He sighed after. Twelve wondered what if the symptoms would not be dealt with immediately. Maybe one day, he will suddenly die, just like Five, Nine and the other children he has been with at the institution. He pressed his fist tightly together.

"I wish. . . I could have been mistaken," Twelve said to himself, as he looked up the white ceiling of his pub. When that happens he’s afraid how would Lisa be. Suddenly, he didn't know how to solve the problem he was facing. It made him miss Lisa even more.

"Oh, Lisa. . ."

He was in such a state when his cellphone suddenly rang. He snatched it from his pocket. Seeing that Chief Kurahashi was calling, he hurriedly answered the call.

He asked if he could go back now because a new assignment was assigned to him. Their talk was urgent and classified so the next time they talk about it should not be on phone.

Immediately, he agreed, and turned off the cellphone.

He stared at the cellphone for a long time. He was in such a mood when he suddenly remembered something. He laughed because he didn't even think about asking Lisa's number. He would have called her if he had such an urgent thing to say.

He couldn't blame himself because he was so excited to be with Lisa. He wasn’t able to pay attention with simple things.

"Maybe it’s just like this when you are in love," he said with a sweet smile on his lips.

LISA WAS peeling the apples she brought for her mother when she spoke suddenly.

“Do you have a problem, daughter?” she asked.

Lisa's eyebrows continued to meet. She answered her questions quickly. "Nothing." Lisa replied and gave her a smile to assure it.

It’s been a long silence before here mother was able to speak again. She took her daughter’s palm. "If you have a problem, just tell me. I’m just here."

Lisa smiled. Her mother had changed so much and she was happy about it.

Lisa immediately boarded a fancy car that would take her to her new job after bidding their goodbyes. It’s sad but she couldn’t do anything because her decision is the right choice for Twelve to be fine.

TWELVE IS already in the office of Chief of Police Department because they will talk about his new assignment.

"Good Morning, Chief." He saluted. He did the same to him afterwards. "How's your vacation, Chief?"

"It's okay, not bad. We need a vacation too," Kurahashi said.

"Shouldn't you be taking a vacation, too? But please, after this, huh?"

"Okay, Chief. I really want to go on a vacation with Lisa. I plan to just finish this mission."

The chief's forehead slowly furrowed. Twelve did not notice the chief's behavior though.

"Is your girlfriend’s name Lisa, Sachi?" Kurahashi asked.

"Yes chief."

The elder paused for a moment. "So back to the topic. . ." began the chief. "I have a task to do just for you. Since you are the only fit for this assignment. I know you can do it."

As usual, there are necessary documents and papers that was shown by Mr. Yamade. Twelve immediately paid attention and read his next task. Everything was explained to him afterwards.

"A new client, named Mitsuko Yamade, is investigating the accident of his only child. Until now, no progress has been made in the investigation he has filed in court. According to him, there’s still no progress on the investigation by the court. Even if a long time has passed, he still believes that it was not an accident and he’s sure that foul play took place. His instinct was too strong. Lastly, please help him search for his lost grandchild.”

Kuruhashi gave him a huge envelope containing a picture of a child. He stared at it and from the back the date when it was taken and the name of the child was written. Twelve paused for a moment to read. The chief noticed this.

"Is there a problem, Sachi? Can you do this?" Kurahashi asked the young man.

The young man smiled widely. "Is that still being asked, Chief?" he answered full of confidence.

Kurahashi smiled broadly. He stood up and patted Twelve's shoulder again.

"That's my boy!" he said in a voice full of joy.

He said goodbye and told him that he needs to go home first to arrange some things. The Chief agreed to him.

He was already riding his motorcycle when suddenly the name of the child in his new assignment came to his mind.

"Toji Hisami. . ." he repeated the child's name again.

The young man ends in a moment of confusion. . .