CHAPTER TWELVE [I N T E R T W I N E D]

CHAPTER TWELVE
[I N T E R T W I N E D]

TWELVE WALKED to the parking area ending his exhausting day. He immediately released the motor key. He wants her to get to the destination immediately. He got on the motor and drove it fast because he was so excited to see Lisa. He smiled. He has a lot of stories to tell.

He spent a month abroad taking care of their business. He was the one who succeeded his grandfather, Mr. Yamade, who passed away a few months ago.

He learned that his grandfather's illness was getting worse due to the fake drugs his sister Yui was letting him take. Twelve had just accepted that his Grandfather's sister had done that and had forgiven her for it was out of envy that she has done all of those things.

He just kept on speeding up, as if he was about to die at his pace. Again, he remembered the things that kept him busy for the past months. Somehow, his burdens were lifted. Luckily, he was also able to close all the proposals he’s dealing without any trouble. A lot of people were also interested on their product. He has easily adjusted to his career because he was so passionate about people.

Upon reaching the building where Lisa lives, he immediately went on the farthest part of the hallway. He knocked on the door gently before entering. Lisa mother was currently peeling apples when he saw her. She smiled at him when she saw him.

"You're back, Toji," Lisa's mother said happily.

“Yes, I just arrived from the airport,” Twelve replied.

"Ah, you should be home first if you're tired," reminded the old woman.

"It's all right. I want to see Lisa." Twelve smiled at Lisa's mother.

Lisa's mother went out first saying she’ll come back later.

Slowly, he sat down on an empty chair. Twelve took the girl's hand and smiled at her peaceful face. It was as if the girl was just sleeping. He remembered that night again. He just felt himself being taken by the medic and he has able to open his eyes, he saw Lisa being carried to the ambulance. When he woke up, he was in the hospital lying on a white bed. When he remembered Lisa, he hurried away in his place even he felt dizzy, forcing himself to get up and walk to the room where she was staying. Twelve’s world fell apart when he learned that she’s in comatose. The Doctor even said it’s impossible for her to wake up.

But he still doesn't lose hope even if a year has already passed. It seemed like history repeats itself. It’s just that, Lisa was the one in comatose now He bit his lips stopping himself to cry.

In the past months, Shibazaki has been visiting him also. He knew his situation. If only he just listened to him before, it wouldn’t happen to Lisa. There is not a day he does not blame his self. He has regret that he has come to Lisa’s life for the second time.

It seems like Lisa was not meant for him. Twelve gazed bitterly at the girl. "Hello, Lisa, here I am. Are you okay now?" He smiled for a moment even though sadness what reflected on his face.

After a while, he rubbed the girl's face and watched her carefully.

"Wait! I have something for you.” He brought out the bag of a large stuffed toy. He got up to put it in the cabinet where there were all the stuffed toys he brought when he visited Lisa. He immediately returned to his side. He held the girl's hand again and stared at Lisa's face tenderly. "I miss you. Please, wake up.” He smiled bitterly.

"What a waste that I have lived if you’re not here? I'm fine, Lisa. My illness was cured so wake up now. I am with you. We will still form a family, right?" Tears streamed down his cheeks. “I missed your voice."

He remembered the first day he saw her. He could not forget her eyes which seems to tell a lot of things. But when she talked to him, his feelings even became deeper. That whatever he do, he couldn’t stop it.

He remember now . . . The reason why she’s familiar is that he’ve met her before. He’s always with his grandfather. It happened that Lisa’s grandfather was his grandfather’s bestfriend. The father of Lisa’s mother. He just discovered it recently as he was flipping through old photo albums on the shelves of his grandfather's mansion. They sat next to Lisa there. It was her birthday. The smile posted on Lisa's face was unforgettable. It was different then before he saw her again at the school's swimming pool where his classmates were playing with her. So long before they met, they had been friends. Even before he went to the institution.

Suddenly he felt a slight shake on his shoulder, straddling him. He didn't even realize he fell asleep. He saw Lisa's mother waking her up. All the while she was holding Lisa’s hand.

"Toji, go home first so you can rest," Lisa's mother suggested.

Twelve nodded suddenly. Again, he looked at Lisa and gave her a kiss on the forehead. He was about to leave the door when Twelve returned from her bed. He saw the machine ring loudly which supports Lisa's body to survive. The young man clearly saw how Lisa's body trembled.

Even the grain of tears that escaped Lisa's eyes did not escape Twelve’s sight. The nurse staff and the doctor quickly came inside. Twelve remained standing and idle for those moments. He had finally mourned over Lisa's apparent suffering.

Everything around him seemed to slow down as the nurses and the doctor slowly faded from his sight. Until the whole area was completely dark.

He could only see Lisa there . . .

But in pain . . .

The line ceases to operate on its monitor machine. It seemed like the whole world was blaming twelve for what had happened.

"Lisa!" he shouted. Tears fell down his cheek. Gradually, he slid into the cold marble, as everyone on the room were doomed.

FIN.