Starry Night

It was an average evening in the new hermit village, and Bdubs was on his way to a fun get-together with his friends at Idea. Bdubs, Keralis and Xisuma had decided to spend the night hanging out and having a good time. They had been very busy as of late taking on the massive project of Idea, and missed spending some quality time together.

Bdubs pulled out his rockets and flew to the roof of idea where they were all supposed to meet and was surprised he was the only one there. Bdubs took off his elytra and placed it down gently on the roof to be more comfortable. He looked over to the light of the sun and realized it had only just finished setting and the sky was still a mix of brilliant blues, pinks and oranges. Bdubs took one final look at the empty roof and sat at its edge, watching as the sky slowly faded to a deep violet and blue.

The stars twinkled brightly in the sky but somberly in his eyes as he began to wonder where his best friends had gone. He began to grow restless and wandered around the roof of the tall building. He paced for what felt like several minutes or maybe even hours before lying down on the roof and looking up at the now bright and beautiful sky. Maybe they got lost, he thought, or maybe they didn't actually want to see me...

Bdubs awoke to the sight of the same familiar sky. Sitting up, he rubbed his eyes and stretched realizing he was still alone. He sighed, stood, and stretched, before turning around to pick up his lonely elytra. But as he turned he realized he was not as alone as he had though. He looked in astonishment and wonder at the scene before him.

Keralis and Xisuma stood a few feet away on the roof, seemingly setting up a makeshift campsite. The was a small tent with three sleeping bags laid out with a small campfire in the middle. A jukebox sat next to a chest, playing some slow but uplifting jazz music. Keralis was seemingly covered in tea-lights and Xisuma was trying very hard to keep them off of Keralis and onto the tent.

"...but shishwammy I wanna help with the lights!" Keralis complained as he attempted to unwrap the lights around him, only getting more tangled up in the process.

Xisuma sighed and began to untangle Keralis arms free before replying, "But we have to hurry before Bdubs wakes-"

"BUBBLES!" Keralis shouted loudly before running over to his village friend, still covered in lights, "Oh Bubbles were so sorry we were late! We were trying to get some supplies for the get-together but we ran into some mobs and.." Keralis continued his story as he threw his arms around the dumbfounded Bdubs, muffling his voice into Bdubs' chest.

Xisuma smiled and walked over to them, placing a hand on Bdubs shoulder. "Glad to see you Bdubs," before looking up at the starry night sky.

Bdubs' eyes began to growing teary as he looked over to Xisuma, and then to the weepy Keralis in his arms. He smiled and held the hermit tighter before looking up, the stars were now luminous in his eyes.