The Avengers Bounty

"There's no way I can do this!" Ethos exclaimed, eyes focused and hands trembling. He looked down at his shaking fingers and clenched his jaw, two fists forming at his sides, "you can't really expect me to go through with it can you?"

Etho slowly lifted his gaze to the man standing before him. He was tall, well built, and covered head to toe in glistening red and matte black armor. A small tuff of white hair poked its way out of the back of his helmet as he turned to face Etho. Slowly and threateningly calm he reached out and place a hand on Ethos shoulder. The grip was uncomfortably tight but not near enough to cause pain as he spoke.

"You are a bounty hunter are you not?" He inquired, releasing his grip on Ethos shoulder. He lifted his helmet of in a smooth motion and placed it down on a rock besides him revealing piercing eyes and a rather sizable scar across his face. The sound of the clunk echoed menacingly through the cave where they stood as he continued, "some might even call you, an Avenger..."

Etho took in a sharp breath, lip quivering with checked rage as the man before him smiled and took a seat next to his helmet. Gesturing for Etho to also take a seat on a rock nearby. Etho begrudgingly sat down and listened, not being able to imagine an escape route. The man before him smirked and stood once more picking up his helmet and looking out of the cave towards the stormy sky.

"Besides, along with the payment for the bounty you also owe me a favor. Finish this little..." he paused, thinking of the right word to use before settling on, "chore, in a week and you can consider us even."

Etho sighed, weighing his options in his head. He could take the offer, as difficult as it would be he was sure he could get it done. Or, he could refuse and face the wrath of a true evil criminal. After deciding his fate he stood up and held out a hand towards the dark individual. "It's a deal," he stated, watching patiently as the figure before him placed his helmet back on his head, and turned to face him, "I'll do your dirty work....Ex..."

Ex smiled, taking in the sight of the defeated avenger before him and firmly shaking the hand outstretched to him, the sound of a lightning strike booming through the cave, "Excellent."

~timeskip~

A couple days passed by as Ethos deadline came closer. The task at hand was a difficult one, not because he wasn't a good fighter, in fact he was incredible at battle tactics and skill. This fight however would be difficult because of whom the fight would be with. Etho reluctantly gathered some supplies, an enchanted diamond sword, invisibility potions, anvils, crossbows, and anything else he could fit in a shulker box. Unsure of how the deed would be done he hopped in a boat, deciding to take the long way to the base of the hermit he'd have to cross swords with.

Etho watched as the sky went dark and the sounds of nature dissolved in the sea foam. He stopped rowing and paused in the middle of the sea. Would he be able to take the life of another hermit? It had been a long time since his hunting days and he was t sure if he could. Especially considering how he felt for the hermit he was obligated to take down. Etho grumbled and rubbed his face, cursing at the sea as he began rowing once more. He couldn't help but think about the hermits skills in fighting and his intelligence. His sharp wit and cool smile. Ethos face grew warm as more thoughts intruded his mind before his boat jutted into a rock, sending him face first onto a pile of sand. Etho coughed and brushed himself off, looking up to see where he'd landed. Sadly in his eyes, he knew it was the right place on account of the enormous and impressive Goat statue carved into the mountain of Goat Bay.

Etho tucked his boat behind some stones and grabbed his rather lethal shulker box, starting his trek to find the scientist he cared for so much in secret. As he grew closer he could hear a gentle humming from around a corner of Doc's side of the half house. Etho panicked and tucked away his shulker box, pulling out his sword and holding an invisibility potion ready in his free hand. He crouched down low to the ground and slowly, quietly took a few steps toward the corner. After a brief moment of silence he leaped from around the corner, sword drawn ready to attack... but no one was there. With one swift motion he turned to find the potion knocked out of his hand, back against a wall, and a firm grasp holding his wrist-and his sword- high above his head.