Say My Name

Mumbo sighed as he sat on the rooftop of his newly built base. He'd had another fight with His friend Iskall about redstone and some other stupid things that all escalated into this. Mumbo looked out across the ocean when he noticed a blurr rush past him, the sound of a rocket following close by. He stood, afraid it was his friend but when he turned he saw nothing. Only an empty roof and his broken pride.

Mumbo sat back down, legs dangling over the edge of the sphere and took of his elytra placing it gently beside him looking out towards the setting sun. But after a few silent moments of sunset watching, heard yet another rocket seemingly right behind him. However when he turned, he was alone once more. Mumbo frowned and stood, walking around the edge of the rooftop and began thinking to himself out loud.

"This has got to be some cruel joke. This can't be real. First my contraptions aren't working then Iskall's fight and now this?" He sighed folded his arms, lifting one hand up to brush back his hair and placing it back by his chest, "oh great now I'm talking to myself and some... ghost or something is stalking me and..."

Mumbo sighed and put his head in his hands before peaking through his fingers at the sea below. He froze, as he looked over the edge. It was so simple. Such an easy answer to his simple problem. He chuckled and wiped a stray tear from his eye as he turned and walked back along the edge of the rooftop and leaned over to see at which point the sea became deep.

Mumbo looked around nervously, not wanting anyone to witness his pathetic undoing and when he was certain no one was nearby, shut his eyes and took a deep breath. He took one step forward before feeling a tap on his shoulder and heard a gentle, yet firm voice state, "You could use a buddy."

Mumbo turned quickly, finding no one as he felt something or someone leaning on his shoulder. "You could use a pal."

Mumbo jumped up and fell backwards into the rooftop as he sat face to face with a short, crouching blonde. The figure was small and wore dark pants with matching shoes and a red jumper. He smiled and brushed back his messy blonde hair, offering a hand to help up the redstoner from his seat. Mumbo accepted the offer and stood with him, dusting himself off as the stranger spoke once more.

"And boy the way I see it, Iskall should be leaving and you should stick around."

Mumbo looked around timidly before facing the blonde and asking, "You think so?"

The stranger nodded, " and kill him."

Mumbo paused, "What"

"Nothing," he smirked and pulled Mumbo bey the arm, spinning him around the roof top. "So Mumbo please don't end yourself, defend yourself. Iskall is the one you should blame. So how 'bout we exterminate? Assassinate-"

"No!" Mumbo cut him off and pulled his arm away, walking down the edge of the rooftop.

The blonde followed close behind him teetering on the edge of the building, "The finer points can wait but first you've gotta say my name!"

He ran in front of Mumbo and began walking backwards facing the tall man before raising arms, "Go ahead and jump but that won't stop him," he pointed to himself, "here you've got a solid Plan B option. I can bring your 'friend' there so much pain all you've gotta do is say my name."

He stopped and walked forward causing Mumbo to stumble backwards on the edge. Mumbo glanced back nervously, his hands raised defensively up between them as they walked and watched the stranger return to his rant.

"Mumbo say it three times in a row, and you won't believe how far I'll go," the stranger smirked and leaned in close to the mustached mans face and reached behind his head, seemingly materializing a baseball cap out of nowhere. He place it on his head and laughed, "I'm on the bench but coach, just put me in the game, all you've gotta do is say my name."