Chapter 2

I was walking down the narrow street to the bar where I would meet my somewhat-friend, Dabi. Apparently he had something he needed to talk to me about, but I wasn't sure whether it was serious or not, by the way he had called me earlier.

To be honest, it sounded like he was drunk. Which wouldn't surprise me, considering he spent a lot of time at the bar with Shigaraki, Toga and Kurogiri, some other villains. They were all a lot older than me, but somehow, they invited a 14-year-old to hang out with them at a bar. I wasn't complaining.

I passed a trio of kids my age. One of them, an ash-blond-haired boy, sneered at me as I walked past. His two puppets flanked each side of him.

"Look at her. Villain scum. When I become a hero, no one who looks like that will wander the streets!" He said this just loud enough for me to hear him. Well, he was right in one case. I was technically a villain. but I was actually planning to be a hero. I wasn't about to tell him that, though.

I just ignored him and kept walking. His two friends were snickering like idiots, and I had a bar to get to. I just kept walking. I recognized this boy from my middle school. He was a nasty boy who thought he was better than anyone.

"Hey! Don't ignore me!" It was the ash-blonde.

I stopped again. "What do you want?" I asked, not entirely sure if I should turn around again. I could hear him approaching me from behind. I slipped my iron ring off of my index finger and held it in my hand. I have a metalbending quirk, and I can stretch it out and tie people up with my ring.

"I want to know why anyone, even the villain league, would recruit you. I'm just guessing here, but it seems like anyone as ugly as you could never get anywhere. And villains are ugly." His sidekicks were laughing.

I just started walking again. I didn't truly think that the people I was going to see were ugly. Not at all. They were actually really nice to me. I could hear them jeering after me. I ignored them still. I was almost at the bar and needed to pull myself together.

When I got there, I looked around before opening the door. I didn't want anyone to see me going in, because this bar was full of villains, and if they were to get caught it would be my fault.

I was greeted by Kurogiri.

"Hey, Shria." He said. It sort of looked like he was smiling, because his eyes tilted upwards, so I smiled back and shut the door. I could see Dabi sitting in the corner, so I walked over to him and slid myself onto the barstool.

"Hi."

"Shria." He was not drunk. Just quiet today for some reason. He usually just talks normally. Something was on his mind.

"You needed to talk to me about something?"

"Yes." He straightened himself in his seat and caught my eye. "Are you really wanting to be a hero?"

That caught me by surprise. "How did you know about that? I literally haven't told anyone that."

He halfway smiled at my surprise. "You left one of your school folders here last week. I was bringing it back to you when a sheet fell out of it for UA."

Dang. He's good. I didn't answer right away, which obviously confirmed his suspicions.

"Won't your parents be mad though? And... isn't that betrayal?" He asked quietly.

"My mom is happy with what I want do. I've literally asked her about working at a gas station and she said it was fine, as long as I was happy. I think being a hero won't matter to her."

"And... your dad?" He asked.

My dad was not the nicest. He wanted me to be the worst villain ever. I didn't want to be that.

"My dad? I don't know. I don't know what he wants. He changes his mind every day, Dabi. I can't do anything that pleases him." I shrug. It's the truth. My dad is hardcore villain. He's out now, assaulting some guy, poisoning him or whatever for his cash. I want to be a hero to stop thievery like that, so I don't care about my dad. Besides, how sick is poisoning someone? DISGUSTANG!

"That's very true. I just don't want you to get in trouble or hurt or something."

I grinned. "Oh, Dabi, was that meant to mean that you care about me?"

He gave me a dirty look. "No, we need the numbers on our side. I have no feelings about you in any way. What you want to do is stupid in my opinion, and I don't support it. " I kind of expected that. Dabi was really tough on the outside, and never showed his true feelings as to what he felt. I kind of had to expect that, though, considering he was a villain.

We sat there quietly for a minute, and I was just about to leave when my dad walked in and ordered a drink. I don't think he noticed me, but I pulled my hood up anyway and turned away from him. Dabi noticed me do this and rolled his eyes. He obviously didn't want to cover for me, but I gave him a pleading look.

"Fine." He whispered this and moved to a different table; I just looked at the corner of the wall and didn't move. I wasn't ready to face my dad after what he did to that poor man. I'd probably see the scene on my way home, full of police cars or something. I just hoped that the poison he used didn't leave him with pus-filled boils or something nasty.