Chapter 8

Beep, beep, beep...

I groan and look at my alarm clock. It's been ten months since the sludge incident. A lot had happened during that time.

1. I turned 15

2. Kurogiri was almost put behind bars

3. I spent a lot of time working on my quirk and trying to manifest certain maneuvers.

It was the day of the entrance exam. I had taken the written test yesterday, and I was completely sure I had failed. However, I couldn't worry about that now.

I got out of bed and looked at my phone. A text from Dabi shattered the quiet of my room with the buzz.

Dabi- Get your butt up.

Me- Yes. Just woke up.

Dabi- Come to the bar after the test or whatever it is?

Me-...No

Dabi- Why?

Me- Because it seems like they'll know that I'm friends with villains. I can't do this if they find out.

Dabi- Whatever. I don't give a crap what happens if they find out. I think you should be a villain.

Me- I know.

Dabi- I don't think you should do this. You seem stupid.

Me- You're sweet. ;-)

Dabi- Shut up.

Me- Love you too, Dabi.

I grinned and went to take a shower. My arms were sore. I had bruised them up pretty good training yesterday, but in that moment, I wasn't thinking about my arms. What the literal heck was I supposed to do if they found out I was related to villains?

I couldn't think like that. I toweled off quickly and pulled on some ripped black jeans, as well as a white tank top. I slide into knee-high lace-ups, and pull my bag from the closet. It has all of my clothes in it-considering I don't have that many- and an array of books. I lower it out of the window and leave it to rest in between the bushes. I walk downstairs and my mom is standing there at the foot.

"Where are you going?" she asks, quietly.

"I'm going to U.A." I answer, looking her straight in the eye.

She pauses, and looks at me. "Shria, really?"

I nod, and she halfway smiles. "Is this what you want?" she asks, something that I never expected her to ask.

"It's what I've always wanted."

I hug her tightly and race out the door, grabbing my bag and running towards the subway station. I feed in the money and sit down, and the train begins to move, very quickly. I'm going to the bar first. I text Dabi and tell him that I'm coming, and he says that he's not there yet.

I pause.

Me- Where are you?

Dabi- I'm NOT there yet. I just said that.

Me- Ok, eta?

Dabi- I don't know. Asap, I guess.

Me- I have about two hours.

Dabi- K.

I sigh. Dabi can be so grouchy. And I want to know why. I step off of the subway at the next stop and walk slowly to the bar, trying to give Dabi a chance to get there before me, but no such luck. I arrive in a matter of minutes and set my bag down. Toga grins at me.

Being sixteen, we have more in common than even Dabi and I do. The thing is is that Toga is a bit crazy. She's always happy though -as far as I've seen- and is nice to talk to when she's not talking about murdering people, which she usually is.

"Jade!" She lays down the knife she is sharpening and pats the barstool next to her. I go sit down next to her, and ask Kuro for some water.

"Hows school doing? Any cute boys catch your eye?" She's still smiling, and I grin.

"Not really. How about you?"

"I met the most perfect guy! He looked so cute covered in blood, I just wanted to kiss him."

"Eheh. Well, thats nice. Not scary at all." I almost laugh, but it is scary. I really don't want to get into the subject of killing people, so I ask another question.

"Heard from Dabi?"

"No, I haven't. But he'll most likely be here soon." She says. "Why? Little cutie got a crush?"

"Oh, you wish. No, he just said he's meeting me here before I go."

"Go where?" she asks. She's still completely oblivious to the fact that I want to be a hero, which I'm grateful for.

"I'm going out of town with a few friends from school." I lie

"Fun! Gonna assault anyone while you're there?" Toga picks up her knife and continues sharpening it. Then I have an idea.

"Probably not. Hey, Himiko, can I ask a favor?"

"Of course!"

"Well, last week, I lost my knife and it might be a bit before I can get enough money together to buy another one."

"Ok, and?"

"Um, do you mind if... I borrow one of yours for a bit?"

"Abosolutely. Take one of my big ones from my belt." She pointed at a belt sitting in the corner. I take my pick of one with a curved blade.

I hear the door open. Dabi entered and trudged to the bar.

"Give me a Lime Chuhai." Ugh. There he goes, drinking already. Chuhai, shortened from highball, is a fruity alternative to beer. Personally, I find it too sweet.

"Hey, Dabi," I said

He grunted. What the hell. Rude.

Shigaraki and a couple other villains entered the bar behind me. Shigaraki- whom I just call Tomura- comes and sat next to Dabi.

I decided to text him, even though he was sitting right there.

Me- Whats your issue?

Dabi- ?

Me- Why are you so pissed?

Dabi- Cause you're betraying us.

"Wow, Dabi."

Toga looked at me. "Something wrong, Shria-Chan?"

"The fact that Dabi's being rude."

He glared at me. "Its not my fault that you're making bad choices."

"Says the guy who read my folder in the first place. You weren't even supposed to know about it. I'm pretty sure a decent human being doesn't read things he's not supposed to." I was getting fired up.

"But I do, so here we are."

"Whatever, Dabi."

"I'm not letting you go to that place. It will ruin everything." he clenched his fists.

"Well, guess what, Patchface. You can't stop me."

Dabi and I rarely got into arguments. Was it because I had basically neglected working with the villains the last ten months?

Kurogiri stepped in.

"Guys, stop arguing. You sound like children."

"The only child here is Jade. She'll never be anything but a simple child who always disappoints-" he stopped as my ring stretched around him and threw him into another table. He jumped up and threw blue flames straight at my face. They caught me by surprise and hit my temple, right above my left eye.

There were steel chains sitting in a pile behind the bar, and I pulled them up and shot them at Dabi. He caught them, but not before I yanked them back. His face flew into my raised knee, and he fell to the floor. I saw the blood streaming down his face from his nose, and I dropped the chains and backed up. My hands flew to my mouth and tears spilled from my eyelashes.

"Get the hell out of here." Dabi spat at me, standing up and turning away. I reached for my backpack underneath the barstool and ran out the door.