Chapter 5

When the bus dropped me off, I trudged under the weight of my heavy backpack to the Middle School, dubbed Aldera Junior High. Izuku, sitting at his desk already, waved at me. I waved back and went to put my backpack down.

I sat down, and saw Katsuki enter. I pulled my hood over my head and looked down. I didn't want to talk to Katsuki. He was flanked by the two imbeciles that had insulted me on the street. They were laughing about something; I wasn't sure I wanted to know what.

"Deku," Katsuki growled. Deku?

I saw Izuku jump in fear and look at Katsuki. I didn't like what I saw, but I didn't want my temper to get ahold of me. I had to keep my cool.

"It's time to start thinking seriously about your futures!" Bellowed the teacher, snapping us all out of the conversation and to attention. "I would hand out these future career forms, but-" he paused. "- But I assume you all want to be heroes!"

The room erupted into cheers and laughter. People started showing their quirks off.

Suddenly, a voice piped up from the back of the room. We all turned around, and saw an ash-blond haired boy, with his feet on his desk. Katsuki Bakugou.

"Sensei, don't lump me in with these losers. As if I had anything like... their crappy quirks." I rolled my eyes. This guy thought he was better than everyone else because of his quirk.

"Ah, Bakugou. You, of course, must be aiming for UA High."

The room exploded again, only this time, it was filled with remarks like, "get over yourself." I have to say that I sort of agreed, although I wouldn't say so. Katsuki was not in any way worth my time.

"Ah, the stupid chattering of extras! I aced the mock exam! I'm the only one here with the stuff for UA!" he climbed on top of his desk and began stomping and shouting. "I'll even surpass All Might and become the best hero out there! Not to mention I'll be one of the richest people in the world!"

The teacher addressed Izuku, who was sitting behind Bakugou. "You're also going for UA, aren't you, Midoriya?" Midoriya twitched and slumped down in his seat. Bakugou paused, then swiveled around to look at him. People began to laugh, yelling insults. Izuku tried to stand up for himself, but people still stomped him down

After class was over, and the room was empty except for Izuku, Bakugou, his flanks and I, Katsuki decided to be more of a jerk.

"We ain't done here, Deku." Izuku looked up, and Katsuki took the notebook Midoriya was reading. He used his quirk to set the book on fire, and tossed it out into the pond outside.

"Just pray you'll be born with a quirk in your next life. And take a swan dive off the roof of the building." He laughed and left the room.

The look on Izuku's face broke my heart. Bakugou had just told him to commit suicide. It wasn't cool. I saw Izuku shudder, and I felt absolutely terrible.