Chapter 3

I attempted to make my escape by slipping off of the barstool and sneaking towards the door. My dad was in deep conversation with Kurogiri, but I stepped on a wood plank on the floor and it squeaked. He turned around, a can of beer in his hand, and glared.

"Jadeora, what are you doing, you rat?" he barked. I looked up at the ceiling and clenched my fists. How did he recognize me? I have no clue as to how he knew it was me.

"Get your butt over here now." I didn't answer. That's when Dabi piped up.

"That isn't Jade. That's one of the other recruits."

"How do you know?" he snapped. I could feel the tension that had just started boiling in the room. Toga, one of the other villains, grinned at me. She was sitting in front of the door. I grinned back, and looked down.

"I was just talking to her. Maybe you should get your eyes checked and look at her hand. Notice that the iron ring is missing? That's obviously not Jade. But you might just be so stupid as to think that every female villain that's younger than 20 is your daughter."

Dabi's voice was cool and nonchalant. I was laughing quietly, my hand covering my mouth. I realized that when that boy had yelled at me, I had forgotten to put my ring back on. It was still clenched in my hand. I pushed open the door and left the bar.

WHAT. A. COMEBACK. I would have to thank Dabi next time I saw him. But now, I would most likely be in big trouble. I wasn't home, but I also wasn't at school or at the bar. I wasn't where my dad thought I would be, so I booked it home and locked myself in my room.

I sat down on my bed, wheezing from the run. I was really glad I had made it home in time, because about five minutes later, I heard my mom come home. I caught my breath, and went out to the staircase in our house.

"Mom?" I said, loud enough for her to hear me.

"Hey, Shria. Come downstairs and help me unload groceries." I jumped down the steps, two at a time, and made my way to the kitchen. There was my mom, the nicest person in the world. She smiled at me, and I couldn't help but smile back. I step up to the counter and grab some cans of vegetables, sliding them into the Lazy Susan in the corner of the counter.

"How was your day at school?"

"I didn't go. Dad needed help with something. Wanted me to steal some kind of poison." I saw my mom roll her eyes.

"Shria, you need to go to school. How are you going to succeed in life if you don't get a good education?"

"Ask dad that. He won't listen to me. I guess he thinks villains don't need an education."

"Well, you're going to school tomorrow. Go make sure your homework is done as well as your bag packed. I won't let my only daughter fail." she said with finality

I grinned. My mom was a feisty woman. She had to be, since she was married to my dad. When she said something, everyone had to give in.

I trotted upstairs and opened the door to my room. Looking at it, you wouldn't know that it's the room of a villains daughter. It was decorated with bright pastel colors, with a desk in the corner holding all of my notebooks and pencils, as well as nail polish-which I barely used- and some other girly stuff. I found my backpack underneath a sweatshirt in the corner, and after checking that it had all of my books and notepads and writing utensils, I trotted back downstairs. My dad was home, being pissy about something.

I strode into the room and smiled at my mom. She gave me a look that said very clearly not to anger my dad further than he already was. I wiped the grin off my face quickly, and walked past my dad, who was sitting in the large blue armchair. I sat down on one of the barstools at the end of the breakfast bar, and swiveled around to look at my family. My mom was wiping down the counters. Her petite figure made her look like a 17-year-old. My dad was sitting on the armchair, glaring at the wall. I grinned again. I was glad I was going to school tomorrow instead of helping my dad with some evil mission.

To be honest, I enjoyed school. There was one boy, Izuku Midoriya, who was probably the kindest person I'd ever met, besides my mom. He had a dream to be a hero, like the pro hero All Might. I'm not too sure what All Might's quirk is, but he's completely amazing.

Izuku had one problem though. The world isn't equal. 80% of the world was born with a power, called a quirk. However, Izuku was one of the 20% that was born completely quirkless, making him the top target for bullies.

Bullies like the ash-blonde boy I had seen today.

Now, I knew for a fact that Izuku was bullied by him. I'd seen Katsuki- the bully, sorry I didn't introduce him before- threatening Izuku and yelling at him. I didn't like it, but I was afraid to say anything.

Dinner that night was pretty quiet, for once. I excused myself early and went to my room, about to go to sleep, when my phone buzzed. I had gotten a message from none other than Dabi. I wondered what he wanted, so I opened the text message.

Dabi- You at home?

Me-Yeah, why?

Dabi-Just wondering.

Me-Haha, that was quite the comeback you made earlier.

Dabi- Ok...

Me-Thank you.

Dabi-Your welcome. Going to school tomorrow?

Me-Yep, gotta get an education, right?

Dabi- No, but if you want to you can.

Me- Good night, Dabi.

Dabi- I guess.

Me-Bye.

I sat down on my bed and pulled my hair out of my ponytail. I slipped out of my jeans and into my sweats, and climbed into my bed and fell asleep.