Chapter 15

I woke up in my own bed and it was like nothing had happened. I shot up like a bullet and my head burst in pain. I groaned and winced, slowly opened my eyes and stared around at my bedroom.

What the hell?

Why was I home? As in, why wasn't I in my room at the bar? How did I get here?

I brought my hand up to my eyes and was going to rub the sleep away when I noticed the rust-colored congealed blood resting underneath the beds of my fingernails. The events of last night came back to me full-force and I flinched. My actions had undoubtedly costed me the high-held thoughts of the rest of the villains. They now probably knew my beliefs. And maybe they knew my whole plan. What if Dabi had told them- Oh, Jesus.

I slowly slipped my legs out of the covers and put my weight on them. They were shaky and unsteady and I fell back onto the bed. My head was pounding and my vision went dark for a second. I took a deep breath and slowly regained my focus and the pounding in my head subsided a bit.

I knew what I had to do.

As much as it pissed me off, I knew I had to rest and heal. I tried to remember what had happened to my head but all I could recall was cutting my hand- which was now bandaged and clean- and a sharp pain shooting through my skull. The last person to be in the room with me had been my father.

A thick wave of panic burst through me. My father. He had to be here. In this house or somewhere near. Surely he hadn't been the one to hit me. That hadn't ever been a problem. He would never hurt me like this- right? I wasn't sure, but the timing certainly gave me pause.

Either way, I knew I had to leave, I couldn't stay here. I was 100% sure that Dabi had told the rest of the villains my plan to get into UA and become a hero. I wasn't safe. Here or anywhere else. Kurogiri would find me somehow and I would be killed. I had to leave as soon as possible.

I stood up shakily from the bed again and rested my hand on my bedside table for support. I stumbled towards my closet and fell against the doors. Oh, hell. Someone might have heard that. As I listened though, the house seemed incredibly silent. I breathed a quick sigh of relief and braced myself, holding my breath and balancing on my shaky legs. I pulled the doors open and started rifling through the drawers.

I had expected them to be empty.

They were all full.

Every singe one of them was full. All of my clothes were in there. This was getting more and more freaky. Last I remembered, all of my clothes were in my bag at the bar. But the bag was hanging on its usual hook in the back. My books were in the same order they had been when I left for the bar.

I whirled around. My door was thrown open and my father came into the room, stomping and yelling. My head burst in pain again and my dad erupted into back smoke, which swallowed me up.

I screamed.

____

I screamed. I shot up like a bullet. Sweat was running down my forehead and I was shaking. It was dark. So dark. I was in my father...? Umm, that made no sense.

As I looked around, I could see the white apron of the maids dress and my suit for the upcoming funeral hanging from a white plastic hanger on the doorhandle. It was all just a dream. I was safe.

A knock on the door make me jump and I ripped the sheets up to cover me even though I was fully dressed. The door slowly slid open and I saw, in the dim light, Dabi's silhouette. Unexplained relief forced its way through me and I calmed down enough to catch my breath. Up until this point, I had been panting and whimpering. Like a child.

"Can I come in?" he asked after a slight pause.

"Sure," I replied softly. I pulled my legs up to my chest and rest my head on my knees.

He came and sat down on the edge of my bed, leaving the door cracked open slightly. The dim light came into the bedroom but this was calming in a way.

After a few seconds, Dabi spoke. "You weren't supposed to see the baby."

I flinched at the mention of the child. He noticed this and held his hands up defensively. "While I'm sorry you did see it, you should not have. It really wasn't your business."

"I know." I looked down at the sheets bunched over my bare feet. I ran my fingers over the creases gently. Dabi was silent, and I could hear his breathing. It was soft and measured and I found it calming. My tense muscles relaxed slightly and I was able to breathe normally again. I looked up and caught him looking at me.

"You good now?" his eyes were half closed but I saw some form of smug relief. For some reason, Dabi had always had this effect on me, calming me down. When I used to have panic attacks, he would sit next to me. He never hugged me, or even so much as touched me. But his mere presence was enough to relieve me of my attacks and I hadn't had one in about a year. But- I guess all that had changed.

"What did you need the child for?" I asked quietly. I saw Dabi's knuckles turn white as he clenched his fists in frustration. "Come on, the least you could do is tell me what happened to her." A strand of hair fell into my face and I brushed it away.

He huffed and turned to me. "Fine, have it your way. Toga needed her blood."

I could have guessed as much, but it still sickened me. I realized that I didn't want to hear about their plan, so I held up my hand to stop him and he did. In the dim quiet of the early morning, I wondered why he stayed with me instead of doing what he wanted to do, whatever that is.

"Are you gonna go back to sleep?" he asked. His bright teal eyes caught mine and I sighed. I laid my head back down on the pillow and stared at the same wall that Dabi was facing. It took a while, but I fell asleep with my knees pressed against his back and my hands clutching fistfuls of the wrinkled sheets.

_______________

Herrooooooo I beat my writers block! So yeah I decided Dabi x Jade was where this would go- Jade is my oc, by the way.

Love ya's,

-Cai