oli's birthday.

RIVER INSISTED THAT OLI wasn't about as she set up the party. So, it was decided that Oli would head into town accompanied by Olivia Rodrigo. Despite being close, the two had only officially met once, so it was nice for them to spend some time together. Liv and Oli went shopping together, wandered rounds the sights of California, and just talked. It was nice to talk to someone new, Oli thought. Someone who didn't know her inside out already.

WANDERING THROUGH A SMALL park at roughly seven, Liv finally let the topic of conversation reach Joshua. Oki blushed lightly as his name was brought up, a smile on her face. "So, do you like him?" Liv inquired, her eyebrows raised teasingly at the girl. Oli looked away with a small nod. "I think I do, Liv." Olivia smiled at her friend happily. "That's good, then. Because I know he likes you too."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

oliwalsh

liked by joshuatbassett, natenatenate and 432,726 others oliwalsh imagine having to dress up for your own birthday :/

oliwalsh imagine having to dress up for your own birthday :/

view all 837 comments

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

PEOPLE BEGAN FLOCKING IN about eight o'clock, just as River had said. The only thing that really confused Oli was the mix up of times between her friends. What had caused that? It was roughly ten past eight and most people had already arrived. Oli was stood with Nate, Peyton and Asher, talking casually, a red cup in her hand, when Theo and Arden began ushering everyone into the living room. Oli's  eyes widened as Nate followed Asher and Annie out the room, the boy throwing her a small wink. After most people were rounded up by Oli's extraordinarily unsubtle friends, she herself was summoned into the living room by a grinning River. The taller girl took hold of her best friends hand and squeezed it tight. "Happy Birthday, Oli."

AS THE CROWDS PARTED, they revealed to Oli a boy with brown curls holding a guitar. Josh beamed at the sight of Oli, who remained speechless, tears of joy brimming her eyes as the boy strummed the first chord. "This— Oli— is something I wrote for you."

"Common sense tells me
"Kiss the girl goodbye."
Common sense tells me
"Leave it all behind."
Common sense says
"The girl's not worth your time."
But common sense ain't comin' when you come to mind

Common sense told me
"She was not worthwhile."
Common sense said
"Don't go the extra mile."
Common sense said
"Go back and reconcile."
But common sense forgot about her smile."

Olympia grinned, overwhelmed by joy as Joshua placed down his guitar. The curly haired boy took a slow step forwards, only to he met by Oli as she rushed forwards into his arms.