Chapter 2: An Epic Battle!

You woke up to the sound of your phone buzzing. You rolled over to check your phone, noticing you received a single message from Leon:

-Heya! The Champion's Cup starts at 9 am! Be there or be square :)

Memories flooded your mind of what happened earlier. After landing in Wyndon, you got a room at an inn and immediately fell asleep.

It was currently 7 am, so you used the extra time to shower and freshen up. Once you were prepared to leave, you noticed the single pokéball on the desk.

"I forgot to let you out," you said, opening the pokéball. The pokémon landed majestically on the ground, becoming accustom to its new surroundings.

Suicune. You had met Suicune a couple years ago and for some odd reason, the legendary pokémon decided to stick with you. You didn't bring Suicune out often around people, mainly because you risked thieves taking your best friend (and only pokémon) away from you.

"Sorry about that, I know you hate being stuck in there," You said. Suicune looked at you and nodded, its expression unreadable.

"We're finally in the Galar region! Even though you look unique, no one will know you're legendary! You're safe here!" You explained. Suicune sat on the floor and laid its head down.

"I know it's kinda cramped, but I promise I'll let you outside later. Just hang in there, okay?"

You returned Suicune to its pokéball and left the inn in search for Wyndon Stadium. Once you found the stadium, you made your way inside.

"Hello! Are you here for the Champion's Cup?" The receptionist asked.

"Yes. My name is Y/N," You said.

"Oh! So you're the one Leon mentioned! Here, let's update your pokédex and get you seated..."

You gave the receptionist your phone and she installed the Galar region pokédex onto it. You followed the woman into the large stadium and your heart dropped.

The stadium was huge. And packed. You couldn't locate a single open seat as you heard tons of people chatting away. You wanted to hightail back to the safety of the inn, but the woman lead you to where you would be seated.

Leon wasn't kidding when he said front row seat.

You had the best view in the stadium since you were placed right up front. You sat in your seat and patiently waited for the battle to occur.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Champion's Cup! The battle will be between the challenger Bede and the undefeated champion, Leon!"

The crowd cheered as a boy with blond hair and Leon both walked to the center of the stadium. Bede wore a confident smirk as he spoke.

"I'm going to end your whole career, Champion."

"Oh? Well let's see what you say is true," Leon said, a small smile on his face.

The battle commenced as you silently watched the two throw out their pokémons. Your silence didn't last long once you noticed the crowd beginning to cheer. They all cheered in unison with the song that blared through the loudspeakers. They even sounded like a choir during certain parts.

It was quite the site to see.

You eagerly joined in, cheering whenever you heard certain parts of the song. The battle became more intense as Bede threw out his final pokémon, a Galarian Rapidash. Leon hadn't even broken a sweat when he switched out to summon Charizard.