Chapter 14: Beware, Bewear!

"You're...kinda cute."

You poked the side of the pokémon's face, receiving no reaction whatsoever.

"Are you alright?"

No response.

"....Huh." You pulled out your phone and scanned the pokémon. Your pokédex identified the creature as an Espurr.

"An Espurr huh..." You murmured. "It's dangerous out here. How did you survive this long?"

When Espurr continued to stare off into space, you sighed.

"Never mind. Are you hungry?" No response. "......I'll take your silence as a yes."

You opened your bag and offered Espurr a cake. When Espurr noticed the cake, his expression immediately changed, showing off two pointy fangs.

"Awww...How cute~ You remind me of Raihan~" You cooed.

Espurr ripped and pulled every piece of the cake apart, frosting spilling all over his face. Once Espurr finished devouring the cake, his expression went blank. You sweatdropped.

"...Um, glad you enjoyed it?"

Espurr moved closer and walked around you in circles. It was cute at first, but when he continued with no end in sight, you grew worried.

"Hey...um, you can stop now."

Espurr continued to circle you.

"Espurr?"

No response.

"O-okay! I can't take this!!" You exclaimed. You stood up and Espurr stopped circling you. "Sorry Espurr, you're cute...but kinda creepy."

You turned to walk away. To your surprise, Espurr shakily followed after you. He had trouble walking in a straight line and zigzagged all over the place.

"....Awww." You slowed to a stop and picked Espurr up. "Fine. You can stick with me for now."

A familiar breeze blew yet again and you looked around.

"Suicune?" You trudged through a few trees, the breeze becoming stronger. "Suicune!"

You pushed a few larger bushes open, bumping into a pokémon you didn't recognize.

"H-huh?"

You looked up, noticing that the pokémon was a bear of some sort. It wore an innocent stare, and its fur was pink and black. The bear looked down at you, tilting its head.

"I'm sorry," You said, taking a few steps back. The bear swung its arms around, almost as if it was waving at you. You smiled and waved back.

"How cute! I've never seen a pokémon like you!"

You set Espurr down and pulled out your phone. Before you could scan the bear, you were pulled into a warm, fuzzy hug.

"Aww!" You said. When you felt the hug tighten you smiled. "You're almost like a teddy bear..."

The bear lifted you off the ground and squeezed you tighter. The sudden pressure made it difficult to breathe.

"U-um you can stop now!" You said, slightly panicked. You tried to wiggle out the bear's grip but it refused to let you go. When the bear's hug became crushing, you screamed in pain.

"Stop!!!! I c-can't breathe!!! It hurts!!" You exclaimed.

Espurr stood on the sidelines, his expression unchanging. Watching.

Waiting....

"I....c-can't...b..reathe...." You choked out, your vision going black.

A powerful attack shot off, hitting the bear directly on its back. Bewear cried out and raced off, dropping you in the process. You fell to the ground and gasped for air.