Chapter 32: A Toxel Situation!

"I don't know what's wrong. I fed him, tried to talk to him, gave him love and attention... He just won't stop crying."

Toxel violently flailed in your arms, tears pouring from his eyes. Your pokémon had cried the entire trip back to Leon's place. And you just couldn't figure out what was wrong.

Arceus, you were exhausted. Getting stabbed and almost drowning in one day was just too much. And Toxel's temper tantrum was not helping.

"Would you mind if I tried?"

You turned your attention to Leon and slowly nodded, handing him Toxel. Leon then sat on the couch (next to you) and gently rocked your pokémon back and forth.

"Hey, it's okay..." Leon murmured. Toxel slowed his cries for a split second before he bursted into tears yet again, crying even louder than before. Leon sweatdropped. "I... wonder what's bothering him..."

"I don't know Leon... I tried everything. Nothing works..."

"Maybe he's bored," Raihan suggested. "I'd throw a tantrum too if I was bored."

"Maybe Toxel is sleepy?" Hop asked. "I don't know how he'll fall asleep if he keeps crying though..."

You tried to keep your eyes open as  everyone spoke to each other. Arceus, you just wanted this day to be over already.

You turned your attention to Espurr, noticing that his usual blank stare was now replaced with frustration. Espurr wasn't able to hear a single thing on TV thanks to all of Toxel's crying.

And that made him angry.

"Espurr...?"

Before you could reach for your pokémon, Espurr covered his ears and screeched at the top of his lungs. The lights above you shattered into pieces and the person's face on TV contorted into something unrecognizable. Espurr had cracked the glass onscreen.

Everyone grew quiet. Even Toxel stopped crying and stuck his tongue out. 

"Well that's one way to stop a crying baby," Raihan said.

"My TV..." Leon murmured.

"D-does Espurr always act like this?" Hop asked.

"...Kinda. And sorry Leon. I'll pay for the TV... and the lights..." You murmured.

"There's no need to worry about that Y/N!" Leon exclaimed. You noticed that Toxel was now happily chewing on some of Leon's hair. "At least Toxel stopped crying now!"

You forced a smile before returning Espurr to his pokéball. Your body then slumped, falling asleep on the spot. Leon almost panicked until he heard your quiet breathing.

"She... fell asleep mid conversation...." Leon murmured.

"What should we do?" Hop asked. Raihan shrugged.

"Just leave her be. Waking her would probably be a death sentence."

~

Seconds. Minutes. Hours pass.

You woke up to the feeling of something...odd? Your eyes slowly opened as you felt a tingling sensation against your arm. It seems that Toxel was asleep next to you.

"Oh! Evening Y/N!"

You rolled on your side and noticed that Leon was speaking to you. You also noticed that the TV had already been replaced with a brand new one.

Arceus, he worked fast.

"Evening? ...Where's Hop? And Raihan?" You asked. Leon smiled.

"Raihan is currently taking Hop home before curfew," Leon explained. "I was going to take Hop back but....well-"