Chapter 10: A Window of Opportunity!

(You don't know how tempted I was to just let Y/N slam to the ground. And completely end the story there.)

"Suicune! Some assistance!" You exclaimed. Suicune emerged from its pokéball and landed gracefully on the ground. You fell hard on top of Suicune's back a short time after.

"...I think I broke something," You said, bursting into laughter. It took a few seconds to pull yourself into a sitting position.

Suicune gave you a disapproving look, as if it was trying to say: Why in the heck didn't you take the elevator!!

"Sorry! This was the fastest route," You sheepishly said. "Plus, I didn't want Leon and Raihan see me leave."

Suicune sighed.

You looked around, noticing a few people staring at you. You smiled and waved at the small crowd before Suicune raced off.

"Let's find some trainers Suicune!" You exclaimed. Suicune nodded, a small smile across its face.

~

Most people starting the gym challenge had low-leveled pokémon, so you decided it was best to battle them. You didn't want to risk Suicune going haywire again.

You were currently battling yet another low-leveled trainer, bored out of your mind.

"Braviary! Attract!" The woman exclaimed.

Braviary gently flapped its wings and spun around, winking at Suicune. Suicune remained silent, an unamused look across its face.

"Um....what?" You said.

"Is your dog not a girl?!" The woman asked.

"Of course not!!!!" You exclaimed.

"Hmph, well it isn't my fault your dog looks female," The woman murmured. She returned her pokémon and sent out a Kirila instead.

"Kirila! Attract!"

Kirila did a little dance and spun around, winking a Suicune. Suicune remained silent, once again, unamused.

"What in the bloody hell is wrong with your dog?!" The woman exclaimed.

"Suicune isn't a boy either..." You sheepishly said. "It's genderless."

"Well why didn't you tell me that!"

"You didn't ask," You scoffed.

"Cheeky little bint, aren't cha? Well I've got somethin' for that."

The woman returned her pokémon and turned away, slowly beginning to walk off. It took you a few seconds to process what was happening.

"Hey! Where are you going? You can't run from a trainer during battle!" You said.

"I'm not running. I'm walking," The woman snapped, not even bothering to look back at you.

"Oh no you don't." You grabbed the woman's hand and spun her back around. "Leaving means you forfeit. Which also means you owe me money."

"I'm not paying you anything you right munter."

.....What?

"You don't have an option, lady," You said, your tone threatening. "Give me the money or I'll beat it out of you."

The woman scoffed and replied.

"You people are so hostile."

"You people?" You asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You're a foreigner, yeah? I can tell by your bloody accent."

"Give. Me. The. Money."

Suicune growled behind you, and the woman's smug expression immediately changed into a more panicked one.