Chapter 11: A Shopping Situation!

"Oh my goodness it's Leon!"

"Leon! You're so cool!"

"Leon!!!! I love you!!!!"

As the two of you walked down the street, Leon was constantly stopped and showered with compliments. Even small crowds formed around him on occasion. You awkwardly stood on the sidelines as people pushed past you, trying to get glimpse of the Champion. Some of the fans were a bit too touchy-feely for your liking.

"...Do they really need to cling to him like that...." You grumbled, looking up from your phone. When you noticed what you said your eyes shot open. "Wait. What am I saying?! Why in the heck do I care!?"

Thankfully, Leon treated everyone equally, regardless of who he was speaking to.

Well...except for you.

"Y/N? Where are you?" Leon asked, looking around the crowd.

"R-right here," You said, raising your hand in the process. Everyone looked in your direction as Leon made his way over to you. The atmosphere was so tense that you wanted nothing more than to disappear.

D-does he have to single me out every time? Some of these people look ready to chop my head off!

Your thoughts were pulled elsewhere once Leon grabbed your hand. He lead you out the large crowd, a bright smile across his face. You couldn't help but smile as well.

"It's been great you guys but we've gotta run! I hope you all have a Champion time!"

The crowd clapped and cheered as the flash of cameras went off. You covered your face in a feeble attempt to protect your dignity.

"Y/N? Why don't you stick by me? You always go missing whenever a crowd forms...Don't tell me I'm rubbing off on you~" Leon teased.

Oh dear Arceus you hope not.

"Sorry. I'm just a little camera shy," You murmured. You noticed that your arm was linked with his. "Should we have our arms linked in public? People may get the wrong idea...."

"And what idea is that?" Leon asked.

"That we're....together."

"We are together."

"I m-meant like a couple," You said, a blush across your cheeks.

"That's what I meant."

"V-very funny Leon," You said, your cheeks now burning. "If we're a couple, then why haven't we kissed yet, eh?"

Leon stopped in his tracks and looked down at you.

"....I never thought of that. Would you like a kiss?" Leon asked.

"W-wha? Of course I would...N-NOT!" You exclaimed, quickly correcting yourself. Leon laughed and gently poked the side of your face.

"You seem flustered. Not that I can blame you. No one can resist the Champion of Galar~" Leon teased.

So the whole 'Champion' thing has -slightly- went to his head.

Interesting.

"Yeah, w-whatever," You said, pushing his hand away.

Once the two of you arrived at the boutique, Leon dragged you inside and insisted you tried on different outfits.

An employee took your measurements and lead you to a fitting room. You were handed new clothes over the door.

".......Wait," You murmured, noticing the clothes looked strangely familiar. "Leon!!! These look exactly like your clothes!!"

"Oh, because they are. I mentioned matching outfits in the previous chapter, right?" Leon happily said.