Chapter 39: A Sweet Melony <3

"You think Suicune is ready to battle Nessa?" Raihan asked.

"You think that Suicune isn't?" You replied.

You leaned against the back of your seat as you yawned, resting your elbows on a circular table. Leon suggested that the three of you should go get breakfast at a nearby café. You didn't really have a say in the matter due to being outvoted.

Even though you all left early in the morning, you still had to endure the glares from onlookers. Arceus, why couldn't you just hang out with normal people?

"We're not questioning Suicune's strength. We're just more concerned about...well..." Leon trailed off.

"Suicune's violent outbursts," Raihan said. Leon elbowed him. "What? I'm just being honest. The last thing we want is Suicune attacking a gym leader. I can't imagine what the Chairman would do to you."

"Sheesh.....You guys make it seem like Suicune is always angry," You murmured. "Suicune recently started lashing out."

Mainly at these two idiots.

"Huh. Now that I think about it... perhaps Suicune is too high a level," Leon said.

"What do you mean?"

"Higher level pokémon tend to ignore their trainer's commands when you don't have enough gym badges," Raihan explained. "However, this usually occurs if you're not their original trainer."

"You only have Milo's gym badge, right?" Leon asked. "This is probably why Suicune isn't listening to you-"

"Honestly you guys, can we talk about this later?" You asked. "Meowth probably destroyed the hotel room by now. So I'd like to at least enjoy my time here."

"Well Riolu and Meowth aren't alone, so everything should be fine," Leon assured you. "Anyway! How's the food?"

"It's bland," Raihan said. Leon frowned.

"I didn't ask you Raihan."

"Well you didn't specify so-"

"I didn't. Ask you."

"I'm entitled to speak my mind."

"Guys, you are not doing this in a public space," You grumbled.

"He started it," Raihan murmured, stirring his drink with his straw. When his eyes met yours, he sent you a sly grin. "To be honest, I would prefer to be eating something else right now..."

"R-R-Raihan!!!" You exclaimed, your cheeks burning. Although you wanted to scream at the moment, your voice was low enough to not attract attention. "Stop! Talking!!!"

"What?" Raihan asked. "I said something else, not someone else-"

"What are you two talking about...?" Leon asked, noticing your flustered expression and Raihan's smug smile.

"N-n-nothing," You said. You stood up soon after and grabbed your drink. "I'm....going to get a refill."

As you hurried off, Leon turned to Raihan, a disapproving glare across the Champion's face.

"....Sheesh Champ. I know I'm handsome," Raihan said, leaning back in his seat. "But you don't have to stare at me like a schoolgirl with a crush."

"Raihan. What were you implying when you were talking to Y/N?" Leon asked.

"Well-"

"Hey guys!!!"

Leon and Raihan paused their conversation when a new person plopped into your chair. Neither could stop their sudden outburst.