Chapter 8: A Battle to Forget!

"She's still sleeping..."

"Well, let's wake her up."

You heard the sound of two people bickering near you. You sighed and rolled on your side, trying to ignore the conversation.

"Y/N," Raihan said, "If you don't wake up right now, I'ma pounce on you."

"No. You. Won't," Leon said. "Don't you have any decency, Raihan?!"

"Not that I know of, Champ."

You stifled a laugh and rolled on your back, placing a hand over your forehead.

"You two are too much," You murmured, finally opening your eyes.

"Great, your awake. I've been waiting for hours," Raihan complained.

"I'm only awake because you woke me up," You murmured. "Could you have been any louder?"

"Yeah. If I wanted to. You don't plan on sleeping all afternoon, now do you?"

".....Afternoon?"

"It's 3 pm."

You immediately sat up in bed, a surprised look across your face. How could you have slept so late?!

"I overslept?!" You exclaimed. "How could this happen!"

"Don't listen to him Y/N. Raihan is lying," Leon said, "It's currently 7 am."

You glared at Raihan and he shrugged, a small grin across his face.

"For that, I really am sleeping till 3," You scoffed. You were about to lay back down until Raihan grabbed your hand, pulling you back up again.

"Oh no you don't. I've been waiting all day for this rematch. I'm not waiting any longer."

Raihan dragged you out of bed and you grumbled, letting your entire body go limp.

"I'm not battling anyone until I get my full 10 hours," You said.

"Oh, come on princess. It's Leon's fault your tired," Raihan explained. "If we had just slept together, you would have been ready for some early morning action..."

"Could you not say it like that!" You exclaimed, pulling the sheets over your head from sheer embarrassment. Leon sighed and Raihan laughed.

"What's the matter, princess? You're not afraid of losing, are you?"

"...Of course not," You murmured, pulling the sheets back down. "...And drop this 'princess' crap."

"I'll drop it if you can beat me in battle, princess," Raihan explained.

"...Fine. Let's just get this over with."

You climbed out of bed and the three of you made your way to an open field outside. Both you and Raihan stood across from each other, while Leon stood on the sidelines with Charizard. You waved at both Leon and Charizard before turning back to Raihan.

"After this, maybe you and I can have some one-on-one time," Raihan suggested, winking at you.

"Yeah, no thanks," You said, mustering up your best Galarian accent. "I'd rather whoop yer arse yee daft wanker."

Silence.

"Where in the hell did that come from Y/N??" Raihan asked, bursting into laughter. When you noticed Leon laughing as well, you scolded yourself.

"I was just trying to use slang you guys!" You exclaimed. "You use these words, right?!"

"Well yes...but..your accent..." Leon said. "I...can't believe you said that..."

"Not bad for a newcomer. We'll have to work on your slang later," Raihan said, sending out two pokémon. You recognized Flygon, but couldn't identify the other.

"....Duraludon?" You said, checking your pokédex. "I don't think I've ever seen a steel and dragon type...well regardless, come on out Suicune!"

You threw out your pokéball and Suicune landed on its feet, checking its surroundings. When it noticed the two pokémon in front of it, it entered a fighting stance.

"Alright...Let's get this started," Raihan said.

Suicune calmly waited for either pokémon to attack. When Flygon made the first move, Suicune effortlessly dodged Flygon's Dragon Rush, awaiting your direction.

"Suicune! Ice beam!"

Before Suicune could even charge its attack, it took a hard hit from Duraludon. The ice beam shot off, completely missing. Suicune quickly moved back, trying to assess the situation.

It wasn't given enough time. The battle was extremely one sided as Suicune soon struggled to keep up with both Flygon and Duraludon. Flygon landed a hit and Suicune skidded across the ground.

"Suicune's waning," Leon whispered. Charizard nodded in response.

"Tch! Come on Suicune! You've got this!" You exclaimed.

It was useless. Whenever Suicune focused on one pokémon, the other swooped in for an attack. Whenever Suicune focused on dodging, it couldn't land a hit. You soon began to panic, unsure of what to say.

"S-Suicune! Watch out!"

Duraludon shot off its flash cannon, the attack hitting Suicune head on. It was a critical hit. Suicune staggered and fell to the ground.

"Suicune!" You exclaimed, rushing over to your pokémon. Suicune panted heavily, struggling to keep its eyes open.

"N-No..." You whispered. Leon looked at you for a bit before he sighed, turning to Raihan.

"There's no reason to continue," Leon said. Raihan nodded and returned his two pokémon.

"...It looks like Suicune couldn't keep up after all..." Raihan said.

"You're wrong!!" You shouted. "Suicune could never lose! I can't...I won't believe it!!"

"Y/N..." Leon murmured.

You turned away, noticing that Suicune slowly stood back up.

"Suic-"

Suicune shot past you, an angered look in its eyes. The force pushed you back as Suicune charged its Ice beam. The attack was aimed directly for Raihan.

"Wha-?"

"Suicune! Don't!"

"Charizard!"

Raihan braced himself for the attack, but it never came. Charizard stood directly in front of Raihan, taking the brute force of Suicune's Ice beam. Charizard shook it off as if it was nothing.

"That was close..." Leon whispered.

Suicune growled and took slow steps towards Leon's pokémon. Charizard stood his ground, prepared for battle.

"Suicune! Stop!" You exclaimed, rushing over.

"Y/N! Stay back!!!" Leon shouted.

Suicune and Charizard clashed, shooting off their strongest attacks. You rushed in the midst of it, trying to stop Suicune from fighting. Charizard's Flamethrower soon overpowered Suicune as Suicune grabbed you and turned backwards, shielding you from the attack.

"Charizard!"

Charizard's attack immediately stopped and you shook in fear, clinging to Suicune's leg. Suicune looked down at you, an angered expression across its face.

"...Suicune-"

Suicune's eyes slowly shut as it passed out, falling directly on top you. The force knocked you completely out.

~

4K+ Reads?!? Amazing! I've never gotten so many notifications in my life :'D The comments are hilarious and I love rereading them from time to time XD Thanks for the continued support :3