Chapter 20: Let's Hop to it!

The bright moon sat peacefully on the horizon. Leon slowly pulled himself up, noticing that the room seemed colder that usual.

"...Y/N?"

Leon tapped your sleeping form. When you didn't respond, he turned you over to face him, noticing that you were gasping for air. A dark substance poured from your mouth, covering the bedsheets.

"Y/N?! W-what's happening!!!!"

Leon tore the sheets off you and sat you up, holding your head in place. When he gently turned your head to the moonlight, he immediately recognized what the substance was.

Blood.

"I'm s-so c-cold..." You murmured, closing your eyes. Leon shook you back awake.

"Don't you dare!!! Stay with me!"

You gave Leon the brightest smile before your body slumped, the warmth of life replaced by the cold embrace of death. Leon desperately searched for a flicker of hope, something, anything, to prove that you were still here.

But was met by cold silence.

~

Leon shot up, noticing that he was once again, in bed. He ran a shaky hand through his hair as the sun shined across his face.

"Another nightmare... I can't believe this..."

"Leon?"

Leon looked over at you, noticing that you were in bed, wide awake. You studied his troubled expression.

"Are you alright?" You asked, pulling yourself up.

"Oh. Um, yes..." Leon murmured. "I apologize for waking you..."

"It's fine. I was already awake."

"Really?"

"Mhmm. For a couple minutes now."

"I see..." Leon wrapped both arms around you, sighing in relief when he noticed that you were warm. "...Were you watching me sleep~"

"W-wha?! No! I was just checking up on you, you idiot!!!" You exclaimed.

"Aww, that's really sweet~" Leon teased.

"S-shut up..."

"Okay~ Good morning Y/N! How did you sleep?"

"Pretty well. I was hot though. Mainly because you clung to me the entire night," You flatly said. "How about you?"

"I slept pretty well too~ And sorry about that, I was just making sure you stayed warm! I can't...have you dying on me..." Leon murmured. You smiled.

"If you say so Leon. What time is it?"

"It's 7 am. Do you want to get more rest?" Leon asked. He rested his head in the crook of your neck.

"Nope! I really want to meet Hop!" You exclaimed, trying to move him back. When he didn't budge and squeezed you tighter, you sighed, letting your arms drop to your side. "....This is gonna be a while, isn't it?"

"....Probably."

~

After Leon finished getting dressed, you stopped by your place to shower and change clothes. The two of you took a flying taxi to Potswick afterwards.

"You're from a small town like this?" You asked, taking in the scenery. Fields of green stretched for miles. "It's very beautiful. I would have never guessed."

"Yep! Potswick is where it all began! I left home and started my pokémon journey!" Leon said.

The two of you stopped in front of a fairly large house and Leon turned to you.