Chapter Two

It looks cozy and satisfying with the design both outside and inside.

The freezing wind of winter engulfs her as she flinches a little in anticipation of the shiver.

Continuing to walk on barefoot, she sees the blonde sitting calmly on a strangely wonderful coast. Hugging her knees up to her chest, gazing at the endless horizon of the sea.

She looks lonely in that position, which almost makes Jennie feels pitiful towards her. The world is an unpleasant and unpredictable place where everything couldn't happen the way you want.

Sometimes, you feel satisfied with it, and another second, it turns upsidedown.

Occupying beside the blonde, she murmurs in sadness, "Thanks,"

Lisa laughs. The sound feels painful as she replies in an unhealthy way, "For what, huh? For literally kidnapping you here?" She asks in a sarcastic tone.

"For foods?" The brunette inquires.

"It's nothing, Jennie." Lisa locks her eyes, leaning back on the sand with her hands under her head, feeling relaxed at the sunset.

Jennie snuggles in Lisa's arm, grabbing the latter's hand when Lisa flinches a little. "What is this?" She asks as she notices the smear of blood on her finger. Frowns visible on the brunette's forehead is obvious.

"It's nothing." Lisa murmurs, not caring about her bleeding wound. Because she believes that it's too far from the heart that can cause her any harm, she grins bitterly, still not paying attention to Jennie.

"Lisa, why acting so weird? Like..." Jennie utters hardly, swallowing sadness with her down her throat. Crap. It's difficult. She doesn't want to surrender to Lisa is the only reason keeping her to continue, "Like... we have never been loving each other before. Like you never-"

The blonde spins her head towards the brunette in a blank expression like the sea without liquid. The moon without darkness. "We have never been in love before. You are mistaken."

Everything goes silent. The wind of the cold air couldn't make Jennie flinch, but of course, her friend's words do. It's hurt that Lisa doesn't understand what she was talking about. "I know we have never been in love before, but I want to tell you that I love you the most, Lisa. You are one of the most important people in my life."

"But still, not important enough for you tell me the truth, and tell me, Jennie, I can't convince you not to marry him, right?" Utters Lisa, still looking at the horizon of the beautiful sea.

She wonders how someone emerges into her dream and lights up her day, and then drifts away like a blink of an eye.

"Because I love him, and-"

"Jennie, I know you are in love with Kai. If you are not, you won't marry a scumbag like him. I want you to be happy, living with the man who can give you everything, love you, and not with a horndog that always cheats-"

"LISA!!" The brunette yells, making her feminine voice echoes the place.

"I know you hate him, but you shouldn't assault him in front of his fiancee!" Her nostrils flare.

"His fiancee?" Lisa asks sarcastically. "I didn't assault him. I just state the truth, though." She tries to be calm, but who can when someone you love defending a person who hurt her the most?

Inside, she is bleeding from the needle of frustration and sorrow. She gazes at the sea. The waves go up and down. Up and down.

It is similar to the life of the person because no matter how happy you are at the time, pain and grief will come, welcoming you at the surface of happiness, and destroy your contentment at the same time.

People appear from nowhere and go somewhere that we couldn't find them again. It's sad, but it's true. Admittedly, it's painful to see someone you love running away from you to find another sanctuary, where it's not yours.

The brunette clears her throat, trying to be calm, "Look, I know you hate him, but you should adapt because I-I love him." She stammers nervously.

"Okay? I think all I need to do is to be blind because I can't open my eyes when I know you are in the wrong hands." She swallows hard, "But, then again, if that is what you want, I am happy to do it for you." Smiling bitterly, she sits up.

"Thanks, Lisa. I love you. You know that, right?" Jennie flings into the blonde's embrace, causing the latter to take aback.

Putting her arms around the brunette, she inhales her favorite scent from her temple. Her favorite place.

"It's funny that you love me, and I love you, too," Lisa says, still gazing at the sea, a beautiful distraction.

Jennie is about to look up to see the latter's expression, but the latter tightens her embrace as the brunette couldn't turn towards her, but she inquires anyway, "Why? Is it supposed to be like that? I and you love one another because we are best friends."

"No, we are not."

"Why?" Confusion lands on her upset voice.

"Because you are the best one, and I am not your best one. You love me, meaning you are my best friend, but I love you, meaning I am not your best friend. Jennie, sometimes, when we misunderstand the definition of something, we tend to get hurt in the future, and I have already done it." The blonde mumbles as if she tries to admit something to herself.

Bewilderment spreads through Jennie's mind because she doesn't even have a clue of what Lisa was talking about, but she decides to push it away. "Lisa?"

"Huh?"

"Thank for the foods and drinks, again."

The blonde laughs in amusement, "I brought you here. Don't you think it's my responsibility to give you food?"

"It's not just-food. It's my favorite. Thank you for noticing what I like. You are my favorite chef."

"Why do you know I am the cook, anyway?" Lisa smirks playfully.

The atmosphere changes between them.

"I felt it."