Chapter Fourteen

Jennie wakes up to the dazzling light from the window and a stupid hangover in her head. The brunette touches the other side of the bed, shocked at the emptiness and coldness. As she opens her eyes, she becomes more stupefied at the sight. The bungalow. Lisa's bedroom.

What the fuck is going on? She thinks, remembering that last night she was still at the hut on the tree with Lisa.

Lisa!

"Lisa?" She calls her a little bit louder, putting her legs on the unusual cold floor.

"Lisa!!" This time, she yells at the top of her lungs until Chaeyoung and Jisoo rush inside. The crease on Jennie's forehead indicates that she is in a serious confusion "W-why are you here? Where is Lisa?"

"Unnie, I think you should drink some water and eat some break-"

"What the fuck is going on, Chaeyoung?" She shouts as the latter flinches because of her unexpected outburst. Of course, Jisoo and Chaeyoung know that Jennie won't take it easily like a good little girl, but they have never thought that she becomes like this too fast a second after she didn't found Lisa.

"Jisoo, tell me. Please. Lisa is outside, right? She is in the kitchen, or is she in the bathroom?" The two don't say anything as Jennie smiles, making Jisoo and Chaeyoung feel a little creepy at the sight of why suddenly she turns from the state of nearly crying to smiling in a matter of second.

"I don't have to worry about anything. Stupid me! How dare I think like that of Lisa, huh? She has already promised me that she won't leave me alone. That monkey loves to play with me. When she comes back, bringing me breakfast, I will shout at her for acting-"

"Please stop, Jennie." Jisoo closes her eyes for a few seconds before opening them back, seeing Jennie who has already been crying with a smile on her face. Jisoo and Chaeyoung are also their best friends, and they know everything but decide to keep their mouths shut since they don't want to meddle in their business because Lisa wants to do everything by herself. Now, they have to admit that they feel extremely sympathetic about the two best friends of theirs.

"What are you talking about, Jisoo? I am trying to be serious here. I hate it when Lisa is joking around with me. Call her now. I want to talk to her. I know this morning that she was the one who brought me here in her house. Our house." She finishes, wiping her tears roughly, not knowing why it won't stop no matter how much she tells herself that everything is going to be okay.

"Unnie, please. You are about to marry, and Lisa just goes away for a while. I am sure she will come back." Chaeyoung states sadly, thinking about Lisa's condition.

"Don't you fucking tell me that she went away. She won't go anywhere. I won't allow her. She will come back. In fact, she must come back because she didn't leave me. She promised."

"Chaeyoung, give her the letter that Lisa had for her," Jisoo mumbles as the latter takes it out, handing it to Jennie before they both leave the room, shutting the door close for the brunette to read whatever Lisa has written for her.

To my important person Jennie,

If you are reading this letter, it means that I have left already. First of all, I am sorry for that. I am sorry that I can't keep my promise. Sorry for leaving you alone in this world. God knows how much I don't want to do so because Jennie, I love you so much. You are my life. You are my moon. As always, I will be your star, following you everywhere.

I know you will hate me, and mostly won't forgive me for not telling you that I love you in person. I am a coward. I can't destroy your last happiness, and I am sure you won't marry Kai if I did so.

Jennie, if you understand me, please do one thing for me. Be happy. Marry him. Have a beautiful family. Live with him. Love him like I love you.

Don't wait for me on your wedding day because I can't join. I want to see you wearing a beautiful white dress so much because it's the dream I have never told you, but desire to reach. I am sorry that I can't attend. Sorry that I can't reach my biggest dream. Anyways, you must be the most beautiful bride I have ever seen.

My last gift for you. Jennie Kim, please take this house. This place. I want you to build a beautiful family here if you want or maybe, take your kids here. Tell them you have a hot friend like me. Make them smile for me. Live your life, Jennie.

You can forget me if you want, but please forgive me. I never want to leave you even for a second. I have never told you this, but since my parents left me, you are the only one I want to live with, and Jennie, I will do my best to keep my promise if fate gives me another chance. I will always be on your side.

From, Lalisa Manoban

I love you,

As she finishes reading the letter, tears well up in her eyes again with a thorny pain in her chest.

The fuck! How can I be happy, you idiot if you are not with me? At least, tell me where you are going so that I can run after you. Even if I have to die, I still go with you.

Jennie weeps loudly as Jisoo and Chaeyoung rush inside, but this time there is one more person with them.

The brunette glances up to see her fiancé running to her with a sad face, "Kai, she left."

He hugs her tightly, feeling bitter at Jennie's state because he always knows how much Lisa means to the brunette even if she has never told him.