Chapter Eight

The beautiful sunset plants stunningly on the horizon of the beach, and the sight is so visually amazing for eyes.

"Lisa, can I ask you something?" The brunette blurts out of nowhere when they are sitting in front of the beach in the evening, the usual habit they created together a few days ago.

"Go ahead." Lisa answers with a smile as she lies down on the blanket with her hand under her head, and Jennie just gazes at the waves coming up and down.

"In high school, why did you punch that kid in tenth grade?" She asks, looking at Lisa, hoping for getting the answer the blonde always shrugged it off when she talked about it.

Lisa laughs, amused at the random thing Jennie asks her. "Why do you want to know, huh? it has been a long time." The day of the argument, Lisa was literally been kicked out of school if it's not for the high grades she always had in classes, and the reason that the boy talked shit she didn't want to listen to.

"You always give me the excuse not to tell me until now. I always insist, and you always refuse to." The brunette pouts.

Lisa heaves a deep sigh before finally giving up, "He told his friends that he was attracted to you." She looks at Jennie to see her reaction, but the latter just stays silent, wanting her to continue.

"He said he would get you as his girlfriend. He fucking said you were easy to get!" She closes her eyes tightly, thinking about the arrogant boy, who is surely a narcissist in the school.

"So, you got yourself into trouble because of me?" Jennie finally asks as she realizes that day, she blamed Lisa for losing her tantrum at some boy without thinking about her study and her reputation of being a good and smart kid at that time.

"I wanted. Don't blame yourself, Jennie. As I said, I will protect you no matter and wherever I am." She takes the latter's hand in hers, squeezing it slightly.

"Lisa, how many things you have done for me that you haven't told me? How many things I have blamed you when all the things you have done is solely because of my safety and happiness?" She says, trying to stop her tears from welling up in her eyes.

"Don't be sorry. It's the only thing I can do to protect you. After all, you are my only friend that I have since I was a kid. I went through a lot, and you are always beside me." Lisa says thankfully, thinking about the day she lost her parents.

That day, she couldn't even sleep for weeks, and Jennie always asked her parents to stay with her whenever she could. The brunette is always soft for her, and that's also why she falls deeply in love with her, swearing to protect her for the rest of her life even if the latter considers her just a best friend.

Lisa is always upset about that, and now she knows why fate decides to give Jennie to someone else besides her. It's simple. She can't stay with her forever. Jennie needs someone who could be with her, protect her, and live with her. Not make her cry, and the blonde certainly knows that she will not only make her cry, but Jennie will be weeping, living in pain for the rest of her life if she leaves her one day, and have no one to lean on.

Jennie is getting married doesn't mean she isn't sad about her best friend's departure, but at least she has someone who she can be with when she leaves.

The blonde thanks to god that even if it is so sad and pathetic, she is grateful that the latter has Kai. The man she used to hate, but now he is the only one she relies on for making Jennie happy. The man who can give her a happy family.

"Have you already invited Jisoo and Chaeyoung, yet? I bet they will get angry too if you decide to tell them lastly." The blonde jokes because she isn't upset anymore about it.

Jennie, on the other hand, flinches, hearing about her marriage. Being with Lisa for the last few days, she seems to forget about her future. The future that doesn't include Lisa. The thought suddenly makes her scared. How can she survive without Lisa when she is with her for decades, right?

How can she get used to not being with Lisa? She has never visualized that thing before, and she doesn't want to feel it right now. It's so frightening.

She battles with the self-doubt and complexity of own mind until Lisa tugs slightly at her arm to lie down with her. "Come on, I am just joking. You don't have to take it seriously, you know." She mumbles again the latter's ear.

"I am such a bad friend, Lisa. You are the first one I should have told about my marriage." She murmurs back.

"No, you aren't. You are my best friend I have ever had." Lisa caresses Jennie's cheek lightly.

"I am sorry," The brunette looks down at her hands, embarrassed and remorseful.

"You are forgiven. Don't worry about it. Hmm?" The blonde shows her beautiful smile to the latter, ensuring that's okay.

"Lisa, I-" The brunette is about to protest more, blaming herself more, but Lisa just cuts her off by putting her finger on the latter's lips. "As I said, you are forgiven. So, stop blaming yourself. Jennie, look at the beautiful view in front of us instead. Let's enjoy it, okay?"

Jennie finally gives in as she nods before flinging herself into the blonde's embrace. Her hands tightening makes Lisa feels a little suffocating, "Why so clingy? HAHA. You act like a kid."

"I don't care. I just feel like I want to hug my best friend. That's all." She mumbles softly.

Not long after, she dozes off with her legs on Lisa's legs, and her arms on Lisa's torso.

Lisa brushes the latter's hair off to see her face clearly with eyes closed in calmness before murmuring, "You know I don't want and have no intention to hurt you, right?"