Chapter Three

Day 2

The next day is appearing so fast with a beautiful sunset again. Jennie blinks her eyes open slightly to see the blonde sleeping next to her with a calm expression.

From her messy hair to her plump lips, she is the definition of perfection and aesthetic beauty. The brunette, of course, never notices them. She almost feels sorry that she hasn't realized before.

A realization hits her as she is confused about why she is on the bed beside her friend because as she remembers she was on the blonde's arms last night.

Suddenly, an intangible impulse of satisfaction makes her do something she has never done before.

She feels so contented, trailing her tiny fingers on the latter's face, finally satisfied with the weirdly unacceptable affection which she doesn't know she has.

The blonde flashes her eyes open with confusion on her face, "You get up?"

"Why? You don't expect me to wake up this early?" Amusement is visible in her voice.

"No, I just thought that you would sleep longer than that. You looked... exhausted last night that I had to carry you up here." Lisa says in a guilty tone.

"No, it's okay. I should be sorry because I am not that light, you know?" Jennie grins.

The atmosphere in the room is cold, mixed with the freezing wind coming from the slightly opened window.

The smile on her face gifts the blonde with temporary happiness as she asks. "Jennie, do you remember the day we were in high school? When we graduated?"

The latter nods in agreement, "Yeah, vividly."

Lisa smiles in satisfaction with the latter's answer. "Care to tell me a bit about our promise?"

"Time will past, but we'll make sure that our memories will stay." The brunette grins proudly at herself.

Lisa smiles at the authenticity of the brunette's words. Despite all the hurtful things she does to Lisa without intention, still the latter finds contentment and happiness within Jennie.

The blonde trails her fingers on the brunette's left cheek back, enjoying the softness of her creamy milky skin. Jennie, on the other hand, closes her eyes, feeling Lisa's warmth on her skin. In fact, she loves it as much as the latter does.

Anyway, she couldn't fathom her feeling right now, but one thing for sure is that she enjoys being with Lisa.

"Are you sure that our memories will stay forever?" Lisa asks softly as if she was exhausted at every aspect of her life.

Jennie places her hand on the latter's which is now occupying on her cheek, "Why did you say that? You doubt that I will forget you after I get married?"

"I believe you, Jennie. I just feel that way. I am just tired, so it makes my mind kinda sway, and the worse thing is I don't even know what I want anymore. I just need my friend to cuddle with me when I am sad, but who could do that after she has a husband, right?" Lisa chuckles slightly, but deep down here, she loses another piece of her heart to somewhere she doesn't even know.

"Don't say that, Lisa. I love you, and I won't hesitate to be with you whenever you need me." Jennie raised a brow, smiling a little to display her sincerity.

"Haha, I know. I am being dramatic. After all, we can't stop friends from having their own lives, right?" Lisa smiles but not reaching her eyes, turning away to look at the other side of the bed, leaving Jennie sigh deeply because some intangible thing just tells her that Lisa is not well. She keeps something from her, obviously.

The brunette hugs the latter from behind, embracing and smelling her scent. After all, the warmth from the blonde's body warms her.

Lisa shuts her eyes, trying to stop the tears from falling because even though the brunette is near her right now, it feels so far.

It's so painful to even think about it.

She realizes that a day has already passed, and she still has a lot of things to show Jennie. To do with her before time steals Jennie away from her arms. Forever.

She fights back her tears and turns to look at Jennie. The brunette unwittingly flings herself in the blonde's tense body. "Lisa, promise me that no matter what, you will always be my monkey, be my friend, and be the one I love the most."

Lisa chuckles slightly with heavy bitterness in her chest, "Kitten, you have someone you love more than me. Don't be childish, okay? After you get married, you will be happy because y-you have the opportunity to live with someone you love, trust, and give everything you have to him."

Jennie shakes her head, still not releasing the latter. "Lisa, I love you. You are the one and only that will always be in my heart. My only best friend."

She cries harder until Lisa's shirt soaks with her tears.

"Don't be dramatic, Kitten." Lisa pulls away, joking as she wipes Jennie's tears away.

"Okay, don't worry. I will always be your monkey. Remember, in the future when that lucky shitty man cheats on you, he should not call me and I will there. I will break his bones and teeth for you, okay?" Lisa jokes, finally making the Jennie feels lessened.

Jennie nods, showing her gummy smile. "Promise?" She raises her pinky finger for Lisa to take as the latter gladly accepts it.

"So, what are we going to do today?" Jennie asks happily, getting up into a sitting position.

"Since this is an island, do you want to go skinny dipping with me?" Lisa sits beside her, winking.

"Pervert!!!" Jennie yells playfully, hitting Lisa slightly.

"Oh, come on. I am your friend. Don't hide your-"

"Lisa!" Jennie shouts, punching Lisa, with her tiny fists.

"Ouch! I am kidding."

"I'll make us breakfast now, so go prepare yourself," Lisa says, kissing Jennie's forehead affectionately.

"Alright," Jennie answers and runs to the bathroom, hiding her red cheeks.