Chapter Eleven

Day 6

The room with white walls, dazzling lights from the ceiling, and unusual smell, something that Lisa despises. The smell, the surroundings, and everything is just so tragic. One of the reasons Lisa chooses not to be and avoids this place as much as possible.

At a very young age, her parents wanted her to become a doctor so that she could help other people, and make them smile as they leave where she would work, but she refused to do so because she can't help seeing people with tears and sad faces every day.

Being a doctor, you need a lot of qualifications. You have to be strong. You have to see blood, and more importantly, you must be used to the fact that not everyone will always go out with happy faces.

Like, Lisa right now.

That's why she chose to become a photographer instead. An artist who expresses their arts through their photos.

A middle-aged man with glasses and a white coat sighs heavily at his stubborn patient, "Ms. Manoban, I think you should start our process as fast as possible because your illness, not to mention your condition, won't get any better. You need to decide now if you don't want to-"

"Doctor, I am sorry. Can I have a few more days? I have a lot of things to do in these few days, and I can't just leave them alone if the process of curing my illness doesn't work. Moreover, I don't really hope that I will survive, knowing that it is not really an easy thing to cure. Anyways, thank you." The blonde says, fidgeting with her fingers.

This morning, she sneaked outside of the house without letting Jennie knew where she was, and she has to be back as fast as she can because yesterday, she visited a place, preparing something for today afternoon. Hopefully, she doesn't have to stay here all day—wasting another important day of her life.

"You look exhausted, Ms. Manoban. Well, I give you a few more days, but don't tire yourself up too much. You know your weakness, right? You have to come here as fast as possible if you think you are not good, okay?" The old man takes off his glasses before getting a small nod from his patient.

"Don't lose hope." One last piece of advice before he lets her leave.

---

"You didn't come home, did you?" Jennie asks as she sits on the couch in the living room without looking at the door, facing the latter with her back.

The blonde steps inside, swallowing nervously. "I did, but I left this morning." She tries to calm down before going to sit beside Jennie, who acts normally as if nothing has happened. She still doesn't look at Lisa.

"Jennie, I am sorry that I didn't tell you. I went for walks. The weather is good today." She laughs dryly with a desire to light up the mood.

"You asked, and I would go with you. Like literally everywhere you go. Why you always leave like that? Or, I am not your important person anymore?" Jennie asks, finally turning to look at the blonde as the latter widens her eyes in shock, mostly in pain, knowing that Jennie has been crying that's why her eyes are swollen.

It's the cue for her to tell everything to the brunette, but she doesn't. She has one more place for her to go. She doesn't want to kill the moods, and obviously, Jennie will be shocked, like super shocked that she will be certain to run away from her wedding.

No.

Lisa can't do that.

Destroying her friend's last happiness won't make her any better.

"I know, Jennie." She mumbles with a genuine smile on her face. "Today, can you do one thing for me?"

The latter reluctantly nods in response.

"Forget everything that is going to happen in a few days. We have least than two days to spend together, so I want us to spend it as if it's our last. Can you do that for me?" Lisa grabs both of Jennie's hands before she could ask her anything that she doesn't have any answer to give.

"Help me make foods. We will go somewhere today. I bought a lot of things yesterday. We need to make them all, packing them up. We will leave this afternoon. And, don't ask me why because it's a surprise." She states, getting up as the brunette sighs sadly at the word 'last' Lisa used a few moments ago.

No, it's not our last. Jennie thinks before following Lisa to the kitchen, seeing the blonde brings a lot of things from the refrigerator.

"Take this, we will make a lot of our favorite dishes today," Lisa says with a grin on her face, handing an apron to the latter as she takes it.

"Can you put it on for me?" Jennie asks.

"Okay,"

"I'll do that for you too," Jennie says after Lisa has helped her to put the apron on.

"No, you don't need to. I can-"

"But I want," Jennie says with a hint of determination in her tone.

---

"Yes!" Lisa highs five with Jennie as they have done every mouth-watering food they need.

"Wow, we have cooked many things, Lisa. Are we going to eat all of these?" Jennie asks unbelievably.

"Yeah,"

"Are you kidding me? All of this stuff? The two of us?"

"Yes! Come on, Jennie. We are going to stay somewhere tonight. We need these foods for our lunch and dinner, so I think we will consume it all." She says while patting her stomach playfully, making the brunette giggle in response.

In a situation like this, Lisa still manages to make Jennie laugh.

How can I deny my feelings? How can I not see her love for me? The love that no one can give but her. I am sorry, Lisa for everything I have done to you. Jennie sadly beams at the beautiful smile Lisa wears as she takes out a few baskets before starting to pack up the food.