Chapter Four

They go swimming that day at the beach until the sunset, and the light leaves the sky. Darkness consumes everything around them, and only the moonlight spreads that help them walk to the house.

They forget that it's nearly midnight, and haven't had dinner yet.

Jennie seems physically exhausted while the blonde, otherwise, is mentally exhausted because she dreads the time coming and stealing Jennie away from her.

Jennie goes to change her clothes, coming out with a towel in her hand. She dries her hair while walking to Lisa.

The blonde is still in her bikini but covered with a white oversized robe.

She looks back, seeing Jennie standing behind her.

"Jennie, dinner? I am going to prepare for you. Just wait, okay?" Lisa is about to go when Jennie catches her wrist, smiling. "Lisa, I will be the cook for tonight."

Lisa reluctantly nods.

Jennie goes inside the kitchen for the first time. It's surprisingly decorated in a way she loves. Black and white. Her classic taste. The counter is not sizeable, but it's cozy enough for a small family.

She takes out a variety of ingredients, intending to cook Kimchi-fried rice that both of them enjoy eating together.

Lisa has told Jennie once that she loves it very much, and the latter has noted it in her mind unintentionally since then.

The truth is Lisa worships everything Jennie has and relishes. Even if it's just the feeling of being happy for a while. She would do anything for Jennie. Even if she will get away from her soon, she still wants to remember every single thing that she has.

In sum, Lisa loves to be in Jennie's vicinity. It's her only joy, and it feels so fucking right at the same time.

"Jennie," Lisa mumbles softly before continuing, "If you cook, I will go take a bath now, alright?"

The brunette nods, happily.

After ten minutes, Lisa still doesn't come out of the bathroom.

Jennie thinks that maybe, Lisa wants to soak herself in warm water more, so she decides to finish her cooking before preparing the food on the table.

Half an hour more...

She still doesn't come out.

Walking slowly, she opens the bathroom door.

The sight in front scares the hell out of her. Lisa sits on the floor, trying to deal with her blood coming out of her mouth.

The blonde covers her mouth with the now bloody towel, muffling her voice.

"Lisa!" She yells, rushing towards Lisa as the latter looks up. Smiling is obviously intending to cover her pain from showing it to the terrifying brunette.

"It's okay. Just give me a few moments. Go eat dinner first." She leans back on the wall when her blood gives up.

Lisa glances at her side, avoiding Jennie's gaze because she doesn't know how to answer or tell the shaking best friend about her illness.

So, she goes with the easy one, "Calm down, kitten. I just have very bad food poisoning. That's all. No worries." Lisa grins playfully, but her smile drops when Jennie's face becomes so serious.

"Lisa, you and I eat the same things. How come you have got food poisoning, and I am not. Moreover, you don't even vomit. It's fucking blood, Lisa." She literally shouts at Lisa's shocked face from Jennie's outburst.

"Well, I think-"

"Visit the doctor now, Lisa. Get up, I will help you." Jennie seizes Lisa's arm a bit stronger, but she won't follow her outside.

"Jennie. This is midnight. I don't want to bother anyone. Moreover, I stop coughing now." Lisa grabs Jennie's hand.

"Lisa, aren't doctors supposed to help patients at any time? You have a severe illness, and I don't fucking know about it. I asked you to see a doctor, and you worry about them than your fucking illness!" She pushes Lisa's hands away before storming outside.

Cleaning herself up, the blonde follows her slowly since she doesn't have any strength to run after her anymore.

She is tired, but she doesn't want to go to sleep, leaving Jennie alone when the latter cooks her favorite dish for her because the fact is she has no idea when they are separated, and not to mention Jennie is getting married. Separated or not, she still leaves her.

She blinks her tears away before going out, seeing Jennie on the chair in front of the table with food on it.

She gazes at the floor silently. Her eyes lose sparkles that Lisa loves to watch.

The blonde strolls to where Jennie is, kneeling beside her, murmuring softly, "Jennie, I will go to the doctor tomorrow, okay? Don't worry,"

Heaving a deep sigh, Lisa grabs Jennie's hand in her hers. She doesn't know if she can lie or tells the latter the truth because she doesn't want to go away from Jennie even a second, knowing that she has only five days left together.

Anyways, we can't prevent something that is supposed to happen not to happen, right?

Jennie turns to Lisa, with sadness displaying in her eyes. "Lisa, tomorrow, go to the doctor and tell me what is wrong with you. I want to know, or maybe I can go with you?" She asks, hopefully.

Lisa shakes her head, indicating that she doesn't approve. "I can go by myself and in the afternoon, I will come back. I want you to rest, and we will have fun together after that, okay?"

Jennie desires to accompany Lisa, but she doesn't want to protest because the blonde is too stubborn and tired right now.

"Okay, let's eat now. I made you your favorite Kimchi-fried rice." She caresses Lisa's cheeks before helping the latter to get up and sit next to her.

Lisa gives her a small smile before eating.

"Wow, so delicious!" The blonde moans while enjoying her food.

"You can eat as much as you want. I will always be the best cook for you, Lisa." She touches the latter's thigh.

Lisa fakes a smile, knowing that it won't last long.