Chapter Thirteen

Day 7

"Don't splash the water on me, Jennie." Lisa scowls, her hands on her waist when the latter just giggles at her.

"Come on, Lisa. Let's enjoy it. You said we'll go back today."

"No, we won't. We will stay one more night since it was raining yesterday, and we haven't watched the stars yet. The stars and the moon. Moreover, we still have a lot of food to eat, and a few more bottles of beers to cheer." Lisa smiles as Jennie jumps on her in excitement. "Really?"

"Yes!"

The brunette laughs excitedly, not noticing that this will be the last day of her day with the blonde. As for the latter, she puts a beautiful smile on her face, remembering vividly that the dreadful day is coming, and she has no choice, but to accept it willingly because that's life.

Hopefully, they will meet each other one day in the future. The day, they don't have fate as their enemies. The day, they will fight for each other no matter how many predicaments they have to face.

Yesterday, it was a memorable day that they had their first real kiss. Even if they hadn't done anything further, deep inside the blonde knows that Jennie would willingly to give her more if she wanted, but she didn't because Jennie isn't belonging to her, and it's wrong to claim someone that is not yours.

The waterfall is splashing from tall stones to the small lake with a calm breathtaking view around them. The place is spectacular for a family picnic. A cozy family. A newly wedded couple. How she wishes to be Jennie's life partner.

---

Time flies and the night arrives. Lisa helps Jennie climbing up the tree before they sitting on the hut, looking at the sky. Dark blue sky with white sparkling stars, and the bright moon. All with dazzling light. It's so perfect. The view and atmosphere.

Jennie smiles, hugging Lisa, but fixing her gaze to the sky. "Lisa, it's so beautiful right here. I want to spend my time with you this way. Without anyone bothering us. Only us."

The blonde curves her lips up into a small smile. It's so unfair for her that she has to lose herself before winning her love from the one she loves all along. If only Jennie had confessed her feelings sooner, she wouldn't have been able to have the latter slip away from her hands, but she can't do it right now.

Jennie doesn't have to know her reasons. She has her life to live, to thrive, and to be happy. Nothing is matter to her anymore. She has to get married after all.

"Yeah, I hope so," Lisa mumbles softly.

"Jennie, do you see those stars and the moon?" The blonde asks, wanting to turn Jennie's attention from digging into their relationship that won't happen.

Jennie nods before the latter continues, "You are the moon, and I am just one of the stars. Every star wants to be near the moon because the moon is so perfect to be true, and the moon is everyone's happiness. The moon lights up the world. Since the moon has a lot of stars surrounding, the moon shouldn't be sad when one of the stars disappears. Am I right?"

"What are you talking about, Lisa?"

"I am talking about nothing. It just I want to make sure that my moon would always be happy when one of her stars disappears." Lisa states bitterly as her hand traps Jennie's head, not wanting her to look at her eyes, scared that she would cry right now. The thing she hates to do. Crying in front of her loved one.

"But what if I only want that star? What if when the star vanishes, the light of the moon also vanishes?" Jennie fires back, making the blonde taken aback at her questions.

"Listen! The moon is the source of everyone's lights. The moon should be strong. After all, the star is just one of her elements."

This time, Jennie pulls away from Lisa. "Lisa, what are you trying to imply? Tell me now, please. Are you trying to tell me that you will leave me or something?" The brunette asks as tears well up in her eyes.

"Jennie, I just try to create some fantasies. A comedy, maybe. You don't need to worry, though. I won't leave you no matter what. I will always be on your side."

"But, it's not funny, Lisa. Talking about you leaving me is not funny, really. You should work on your comedy because it's more tragic than any sad stories I have ever read." Jennie laughs, hitting the blonde's shoulder slightly, wiping her tears away.

"Lalisa Manoban, you have already promised me too many times that you won't leave my side. You have to do that. If you leave me, I will never forgive you because I hate liars." The brunette turns into a serious mood as the latter becomes quiet for a moment before nodding.

"Here, let's cheer." Lisa brings a few bottles of beers that she still has from yesterday, handing one of them to Jennie.

At the calm night, they talk about their childhood memories, the stupid things they have done together until Jennie's drunk and can't take it anymore. So, she collapses on the soft blanket.

"I am sorry, Jennie." Finally, Lisa allows her tears to fall down from her eyes. This whole time, she has tricked Jennie to drink, but she didn't.

She has to leave now before Jennie is awake, and this is the only thing she could do to prevent that thing from happening.

"If the next lifetime occurs, I will be your lover, your partner, anything or anyone, just to make it up to you, okay? I love you, Jennie. I want you to be happy. Be my happy moon, please." Lisa begs, sobbing softly when the latter groans because of the heat from the alcohol she consumed, but she still doesn't wake up.

"Jisoo unnie, you can come and get her now. I am leaving." She puts her phone back in her pocket before walking away from the source of her happiness.