Chapter Six

"I have never thought this place belongs to you. Why haven't you told me before, Lisa?" The brunette asks in confusion, turning her gaze to the latter, who is sitting beside her right now.

Lisa has always been honest with her. She told her literally everything. She is so honest like nobody else towards Jennie that makes her feels unbelievably warm when she is with the blonde—again, it's what best friends do, right?

They are now at the beach on a blue mat covering them from touching the sand, gazing at the beach pensively and quietly in the evening after breakfast and lunch and the nap Jennie insisted Lisa take since she looked exhausted.

After that, Jennie gets a bowl of fruit, a glass of smoothie for her and a cup of hot chocolate for Lisa.

Lisa turns to the latter with a smile on her face before giving the brunette the answer. "I didn't tell you because I want to surprise you."

Taking the latter's hand in hers, she continues with a grin on her face, "Jennie, I know that before I have acted like I don't understand why you chose Kai, and now I clearly and deeply understand why." She sighs as if finally feeling satisfied that she could admit to her friend, hoping that she will be happy and excited to hear that from her because that would be a miracle of her to say she approves Jennie's fiancé.

Unfortunately, Jennie looks unbelievably sad, and she doesn't know what makes her feel that way. She used to recognize Lisa who always despises Kai since day one they started dating, and now seems like she doesn't dislike Kai anymore, and it's so unusual for her. "Why?" Jennie asks, not sure about the answer, curious why her friend suddenly changes her perspective towards her so-called fiancé.

"Jennie, I am your friend, and I will always be. You are happy, so am I. So, whatever makes you happy. I was a friend, and I should support, right? I know when you began to date him, I never approved that, but I am not against your decision, either. Today, I want to clarify this to you that I, Lalisa Manoban, will be happy as long as you smile." She ends with giving a squeeze to Jennie's hand.

Jennie curves her brow up in deep bewilderment. "Lisa, really?"

She hugs Lisa tightly, showing how glad she is to see her best friend approve her relationship fully, but deep inside, she feels empty, not knowing why, but it's hurt to see Lisa this unpossessive towards her.

It's wrong, but she has no idea why she is unhappy.

For Lisa, it's so bitter of her to give up the person she loves and adores since the day they have met.

In high school, the first time she knew the meaning of what crush is because of her best friend. Hence, she loves her.

Whether it's a luck or a sin, she takes it all in. Loving Jennie never makes her feel lonely because at least it makes her feel like she has a person she should care about.

The day in college, Jennie told Lisa that she had accepted Kai's confession, and they actually became boyfriend and girlfriend, Lisa knew the word 'pain' again after her parents' deaths.

It hurts almost like when she lost them. The only difference is she lost Jennie to someone else, and at least she didn't go away from her forever as her parents did.

Lisa accepted it.

She stopped crying, learning to smile through the pain. Every time, Jennie and Kai called her to on a date with them, Lisa had to find someone else to go with her and to distract her from the duo, or she would be dreadful seeing them being sweet towards one another.

And, yet never once have Lisa shown her pain to Jennie.

She also learns how to keep it to herself.

Lisa kisses the top of Jennie's head, inhaling her favorite scent. "Jennie, tonight I will take you to my other room that I haven't told you about. It's a theater room. We can watch some movies there and eat our favorite snacks. I have bought it all."

Jennie pulls away, glancing up at Lisa. "Where? I haven't seen it since we arrived."

"It's under the ground. I specifically design it for us, you know." Lisa smiles knowingly.

"So, you really hide this heavenly living place to surprise me. If you did, you did it so well." Jennie pouts.

"Haha, I intend to keep this place for my special someone. I couldn't find somebody else besides my best friend here." Lisa finishes, standing up, taking her hand out for Jennie to take as the latter gladly accepts it.

---

"Wow, Lisa. That's awesome!" Jennie literally yells when she enters the place.

The enormous room is so romantic with a few bulbs on the ceiling and a big flat screen on the walls.

The floor is so clean, and a large white mattress land beautifully in front of the screen. Two pillows printed with a few kittens, and unicorns are so plushy to hug, and they are placed beside each other with a thick blanket scattering on them.

"Happy that you like it," Lisa utters, bringing a few bags of snacks and drinks.

"Let me help you, Lisa." Jennie walks to her best friend, helping her put the things down before Lisa goes to set up their favorite movies.

"What would you like to watch first?" Lisa asks, holding the remote.

"Anything that both of us love to watch, but please no cartoon tonight." Jennie giggles.

"Alright, Titanic here we go." Lisa starts the movie.

"Lisa, don't you think it's so sad to watch that. You know I always cry watching that movie."

"You should learn to accept it, Jennie. Everything will not always be perfect. Let's watch it now and enjoy our time together." Lisa says in determination before occupying the place beside Jennie taking a blanket to cover both of them, leaving Jennie in confusion.