𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 [ᴊᴊᴋ ᴘᴏᴠ]

𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴: 𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗽𝗵𝘆𝘀𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗮𝗯𝘂𝘀𝗲, 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗱, 𝗽𝗼𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘀, 𝗯𝗿𝘂𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀.

Fate, something I have never thought about. Maybe it's because love is something I've never been good at, or rather because my mind is always too busy thinking how I'm gonna hide the huge bruises that lay on my once clean skin.

I couldn't find anyone to close my restaurant today, meaning it was my duty to stay behind. If people had been close to me for a long time, they wouldn't think twice of letting me stay, since it had my father's wish all his life before he passed away.  He doesn't, though. He would rather convince himself that I'm cheating on him- something I would never do. But this time, it was going to be worse. Last time I had to stay behind, which wasn't too long ago, he had shattered my phone and tainted my skin. Meaning, there was no way to let him know in advance, which would make him even angrier. Seokjin, my second hand was going on a date, I couldn't take that away nor did I want to. He deserved that king of love- the one I so desperately wanted.

I was planning to close early today, considering nobody was coming in. I could at least try to get home as soon as the next bus rolled around, maybe not get as many punches.
As I was walking to the door, an insanely handsome man came in. He looked towards me, and frowned, but went to sit down. I asked for his order and later dropped it off to him. I was going to go back to the counter but felt a warm hand on my wrist, and a deep voice:

"Hey, are you okay?" he whispered as if afraid someone would hear him. I didn't understand what he was talking about until I saw him point to my chest. I felt the air getting knocked out of my lungs, my heartbeat quickening.

'How stupid can you be, Jungkook?' I hadn't realized my shirt had dropped slightly, showing a part of my chest, meaning he could see the purple bruises decorating it. I tried to explain it was a huge mistake, but as I tried to speak, my voice was caught in my throat. I didn't realize what was happening until a pair of warm arms wrapped around me. It didn't last long, though, cause they were quickly away from me.

"You whore! I knew that you were cheating on me, I've never do anything to make you do this to me. How dare you?! You bit-" He was interrupted when a fist collided with his face, knocking him to the floor. The comforting hand grabbed my hand this time, and softly guided me out of the restaurant that once held only good memories, but now it has also been corrupted by pain and anger. The tears just started flowing, like a river that seems to have no end. I fell to my knees as I heard some police sirens. It was the absolute opposite now, the air didn't get into my lungs, and I felt like I was going to pass out.

Before even realizing it, I was getting pulled up and walking. I couldn't see clearly, the tears staining my vision. All the sounds were resonating in my head. Underwater. That's how everything feels right now. I was pulled up by the pair of warm arms wrapped around my shaking body again, and my body leaned into it.

"Don't worry, I got you. Everything will be fine, he will never touch you again," explained the calming voice. I just wrapped my arms around them and as well, a way of saying 'thank you' without having to speak, afraid my voice would crack. I thought I had found the end of the river, but it just kept going as I saw  Sungho getting dragged out of the restaurant, handcuffed, and a busted lip. My love for him had died years ago, the moment he first landed a punch on me, the affection was gone. But, I had to hold on. I was too scared of what he could have done to me if I ever tried to leave.

Without noticing it, I held onto the stranger even tighter, only noticing it when he returned the hug with just as much comfort. He was staring ahead, as if speaking to an officer with the eyes, they looked the same. Twins. "May I know your name?" I asked, finally stopping and clearing my throat after loosening my grip.

"Kim Taehyung, nice to meet you... Jungkook," I smiled as he read my name tag.

"Thank you for saving me," I said, my eyes threatening to water again. He shook his head, and wiped the tears that had begun to scroll down my cheeks.

"We're even," He said, smiling at me so innocently. It was like everything had clicked, these crying eyes in a bathroom stall. My comforting words, it all came back to me. I smiled back, and motioned inside the restaurant, he nodded at his supposed twin and walked inside.

We talked for hours and hours. It was nice catching up, finding new things about the other. Saving each other. This was fate.