𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 [ᴋᴛʜ ᴘᴏᴠ]

𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴: 𝘀𝘂𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀.

17 years ago.

"Father, why do people want to die? Why do they want to stop living?" I asked curiously.

"Son, they don't die because they want to stop living, but rather because they want to stop the pain."

"When I grow up and fall in love, I'll love them so much they won't ever leave me, right?" I asked my father, a huge grin on my face.

---
Present.

"Hello, this is Jungkook. I can't take your call right now, please leave your message after the tone," If this is the way I get to hear your voice for the last time, then so be it.

"Baby, why did you leave? You promised me a future. The 'home' where your warmth and love used to radiate now feels cold and empty. I miss you, and I miss us. I miss the memories we made together. I miss your beautiful smile, the one that always left me heart racing. I miss your laughter, it's still one of my favourite sounds in the world, even if I know I will never hear it again. Even though I lost you, I still hope you're out there somewhere. That you will, come back. That we will meet again, just like the first time. Though your body isn't here, you're always gonna live in my memories, and reside in my heart. Even though I'm breaking, I'm forcing myself to live for both of us. I just want to let go, let myself fall and hope you will be there to catch me. With you, I understood what true love felt like. The sad thing is, I fell in love with you as abruptly as you walked out of my life. I was left vulnerable, and alone. The beautiful times you left behind, turned into wounds that I now hide as scars." I whimpered, the tears leaking down my rosy cheeks.

---
Flashback.

"Even if I leave now, don't worry, I'll still be here Existing forever within the memories and experiences we once shared. I'm eternally grateful that you've let me experience with you. Those times, were the ones that settled me. The ones that reminded me there was something inside of me, someone that loves me. Reminded me that I still existed. But even in this ocean of happiness, there is still a piece of darkness pulling me down. It keeps swirling inside me, turning the calm waters into a disaster. Reflecting what's happening inside of me. I've tried my best to stay with you, to find a cure in you for me. In the abundance of love that you've given me, but nothing has helped me. Others have tried, but I've only turned my back on them. I've only let you help me, even if I knew it was no use. There is no cure to my sadness, to my depression. For me to be at peace, the only thing I can think of is death. I might be gone soon, but you're still gonna be here. I hope you don't give in to the temptation sadness will place in front of you. I want you to do what I got to do for a little bit with you, be happy. Chase after everything you have told me about, the things you talk about when you sleep. I love you, my forever angel."

End of flashback.

---
Present.

"I woke up the next morning wanting to see you, but it was too late. You were gone. Without wanting to, my conscience started to erase your presence from my life. The image of you only came to me when I looked at an old picture of us. Your voice only presents when a video of us was played, back to when there were no worries. Back to the little amount of time I managed to give you a taste of happiness. I will never be mad at you for leaving me since good nothing stays forever. Not even the angels that make our life a thousand times better. I'll forever remember you, maybe with the hint of sorrow that I couldn't make you stay. But, hopefully with a smile, like the ones you gave me when I had a bad day. Even though it was for a short period, thank you for loving me. Thank you for being a part of my life. Thank you for absolutely everything. My soulmate, I will join you." I held my breath as I swallowed the key to my death. With a smile.