𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 & 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬 [ᴊᴊᴋ ᴘᴏᴠ]

I walk down the park, the warm weather hugging me like the blanket back home. A late summer night, and a lonely walk in the park. Many wish for independence when they are young, but I never wanted to be alone. A tragic car accident took my family away from me, leaving me in the shadows of their legacy. They were very successful business people, but I had other dreams to pursue, and they supported me. My life has been painted in dark colours since they left. The shades cloud around me, blocking me out from the rest of the world. The judging glares as I didn't continue the same path as my parents.

I observe the beautiful flowers, that seem dark in my eyes. Their delicate petals glowing with the moonlight. The moon was my companion, along with the starts. I talked to them every night before sleeping, remembering the tales from my mother. She would tell me that our ancestors became stars, and every family was a galaxy. Though I never believed that my mother was a simple star, she was rather the whole moon. Shining with grace, appearing soft but being strong.

The water from the river was glistening, the slow pace increasing from time to time. It was calming, seeing that everything around me was resting. Nature was something I had always loved, always appreciated. The wind was blowing carefully, as if afraid to hurt the leaves dancing in the trees to the melody of its pace. The peaceful melody created a rhythm that matched the beating of my heart, synchronizing until they were the same. The world around me was whispering, keeping the sad soul company, never letting it drown in its sadness.

But then, something caught my eyes. A person. It was a guy. One of the most breathtaking people I had ever seen, the flowers could never compare to how delicate he looked. The beautiful tan skin was glowing lightly as the stars reflected on it, so ethereal. He was glancing down at the river, whose flow had quickened weirdly. He stared at it with determination, and that's when he started climbing the railing. It took me a few seconds to process what had happened before I ran and grabbed his arm. He flinched, and look back at me, his eyes reflecting such sorrow that I had to look away for a few seconds.

"Please, whatever you're trying to do, stop it. You might be in a dark place, but there is always someone there to help. It might seem like the end comes now, but there is so much happiness that is waiting to be discovered. I can help, I've lost everything too, let me help. I beg you." I trembled, my words stumbling as I tried to help the gorgeous being that was trying to commit such a foul act. "I promise, I can help you. Give me a chance, please."

"Let go. You need to let go. It would be impossible for you to understand what's happening. I need to end everything, I want peace." He said, his eyes glimmering with unshed tears. "Please. Just let me go."

I gently grabbed his other arm and turned him around, wrapping my arms around him. Locking him in a place he would always feel safe. I felt as his body continuously flinched, a sign that he was crying. The sobs got louder, and louder, giving the park some life. I brought my hands up to his shoulders, bringing his face up so I could give him more encouraging words, but then my vision blurred. Colours, beautiful tones of every colour shone around me. I looked around and the moon had a different glow, the flowers were no longer pale, and the water was no longer a dull colour. But the most stunning thing was right in front of me, his eyes were a deep colour, chocolate. Three moles that decorated his already beautiful face, and his tan skin. Everything was so shocking that I felt my mouth part open and his eyes that held confusion.

"This is going to sound extremely weird, but I can see colours again, right when I looked at you," I said, astonishment clear in my voice, his eyes turned a darker shade, meaning he was even more confused. I understood him. "Since my parents died, everything seemed so dull and you changed it. I don't know how, but you did."

"Oh, well I'm glad I could do something. And look, I know that you said you wanted to help me but that was out of desperation. You don't have to do anything." The confusion soon morphed into the sadness I never wanted to see in those sweet eyes.

"Pardon me, I will help. If I say something like that, it's because I mean it. And not just because I said so then, but because I truly want to help you. I was in that place at some point, and it would mean everything to help someone get out of there, I know it's not a pretty place. My name is Jungkook, by the way." I whispered, no longer wanting to ruin the silence ruling over the park, it was midnight, nobody else was there.

"Taehyung. It's nice to meet you. And I'm sorry to hear about your family, you're strong. The same thing happened to me, a long time ago, but I can never seem to forget the pain." He said in a low tone, his deep voice velvety.

After the introductions, we went to a ramen restaurant that worked 24/7 and ate, we exchanged numbers. I booked a hotel room with 2 beds since I didn't trust leaving him alone yet. He had a lot of recovering to do, healing since he was dangerous to himself. You can't judge me for thinking that, he was ready to end his life, and I am glad I stopped it. I cal feel myself start to like him, like that, yes.

-(10 months later)-

Taehyung has gotten way better, we never stopped seeing each other, just not romantically yet. All friendly. We are just way more comfortable with each other, we cuddle, and all those things. I feel confident enough to shoot my shot right now, it's been planned. For like, ten minutes.

"Baby, come here for a moment. I have something to ask." No, we aren't dating, but I learned a while that Taehyung loves pet names (a/n: it's all me, bro, all me.), and asked me to call him that. "It's kind of serious and you can stop me if it gets to too much, okay?"

A nod.

"We have known each other for exactly ten months now. And there has been something I want to get off my chest. I like you, scratch that, I love you. You've been the one that's kept me going for all this time, since the moment we met, I found a meaning to life. It was all worthless to me before that night, where you showed me the colours again. When you captivated me for the first time, and that only keep happening every day. There is not a day in my life that I don't regret telling you this before, but I was scared you weren't ready. And I've hit the floor, and it's cold down here. I've fallen too hard, and there is nobody there with me. So I want to know, do you even like me back?" I finished my little speech with a sigh, scared of the broken heart I was sure to receive. Until I heard little sobs.

I looked back up to something I shouldn't have found stunning. He looked like a painting, I signalled with my arms if I could embrace him, but he grabbed my arms and put them around his waist at the same time he crashed his lips in my own. The most amazing thing I've ever done, the most addictive taste. And it would be mine forever.

"Of course I love you, stupid. Thank you for being my hero."

Exactly four years later, I managed to get down on one knee and ask for eternal happiness.