𝐫𝐮𝐧 [ᴋᴛʜ ᴘᴏᴠ]

𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴: 𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗺𝗽𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗱𝗿𝗼𝘄𝗻.

The summer breeze caressed my face, temporarily helping me forget the thoughts inside my head. I looked up and saw the beautiful canvas splattered with oranges and pinks that blended so perfectly, creating a masterpiece that would be forever engraved in my mind. Sudden memories attacked me, bringing a subtle pain to my chest as I bathed in the sadness. The smell of the sea in front of me danced in my nose, bringing me to more enchanting places, that I had locked down for years. Beautiful anecdotes I would never forget.

I felt the sand beneath my feet, warm and calming. The water keeps trying to touch my feet, but it wasn't powerful enough to reach me. I took a step forward as if the waves were calling my name. The canvas was now splattered in darker shades, snapping me out of my trance. The water was now reaching my torso, the waves had turned aggressive and violent. I tried to move, but my body was not cooperating, it was blocking the commands. Everything around me became even darker, the once good memories were turning sour.

I came here to reminisce on the good memories, but now they were suffocating me. Knowing that nothing could take me back to that eternal euphoria. Nothing except for him. And he was gone, to never return. I don't know how we ended like this, we were once so happy, we kept everything a secret. This beach was where we promised each other our love for eternity. So why did he leave? He promised to stay. Always.

I could no longer breathe, the water had taken over me. Maybe it was better this way, getting lost and never be found. The only thing that would be gone would be my body, my soul had gone looking for him, and hadn't returned. I had been empty, sad for so long.

One second my lungs were aching for air, and the next, they had gotten what they so desperately needed. I could feel someone taking away my key to peace, I tried to trash around but their grip was too strong. I tried to get back in the water, without success. The vulnerability that my tears brought angered me, I just wanted to leave and people should respect that.

My body was shivering under the moonlight. Sobs started racking my body, the tears uncontrollable. The arms were still wrapped around me, bringing back the memories that broke me. Of nights where we sealed our love for each other, our confession, the times we sat under the moonlight on this same place, when we met with our friends, the innocent baths together. Everything was coming back. An overload of nostalgia, my body was once again acting alone, pressing itself more into the male's familiar chest.

But as soon as a signal was allowed, I managed to jump off and face the man. Just by seeing him, I could feel a little happiness fill me. I felt like something shifted inside of me, I was relieved. But that was quickly replaced by anger and betrayal, those feelings overpowering the good ones.

"You fucking left me. You broke me," I muttered, my eyes locking with his. Feeling the butterflies that had been placed in a deep sleep suddenly awaken and start fluttering. "You can't come into my life like this and pretend to save me."

I stood up without waiting to hear an answer, knowing that his voice alone would have me running into his arms again. I shook off the tiredness from my body and ran back into the water, instantly getting trapped in the same arms once again. This time, I felt my vocal cords fail me as I tried to scream once I saw the police officers walk towards us.

"No time to explain, babe. Let's run like the old times, and I'll explain when we get away. Please." He grabbed my hand, giving me a rush of adrenaline and we took off running. I could hear the calls of the officers behind us, and that only brought more excitement. Without knowing where we were heading, our feet took us to our secret spot.

We fell to the floor, our hands still linked. And suddenly, I started laughing and panting at the same time. I look to my right and saw the person I had loved all these years, even after he left without a warning. My laughing suddenly stopped and my eyes got filled with sadness.

He was still as stunning and breathtaking as I remember. His skin was so smooth and tan, his lips uneven yet so captivating and the cherry red I adore. The mole on the left side of his neck, and the ones adorning his face. My eyes trailed over the frame that once used to be smaller, now has muscles. He matured but was still gorgeous. I had changed too but never saw the beauty within myself that other people always admired.

The same feeling lingered the air, the same one as many years ago, but this time it was mixed with something else. Regret. Everything was inside the other's eyes, the emotions, the answer. The unspoken words that weight heavy inside our hearts just pour out into the silent night. But instead of speaking, we embraced each other in a hold we had yearned for the years we were apart.

"Let's talk, babe. I don't want you to hate me for something I never wanted to do." He muttered, his lips ghosting over my prominent collarbones. A place he used to practically live in, marking me as his under the moonlight.

"Alright, an explanation would be ideal, baby," I whispered back, only to bury my face in his hair that had grown longer. I inhaled the intoxicating smell that is Jeon Jungkook, the love of my life.

So, we did. We talked the whole night until the dawn came and we rushed to my home. And we received what we had wanted for so long, a night with the other: cuddling in the blankets, our bodies tangled together with the remaining starts as the witnesses of the reconciliation of love. Finally bathing in the comfort we find in the other.

The pure nostalgia of our hearts meeting again. The ones that stopped beating are now doing it at the same pace, for each other. My soul has come, happiness slowly coming back to me. Love habituating my heart again. All because we're together.