Chapter 4

(A picture of Scarlett Graycrest, here comes the fourth chapter. Enjoy!)

The full moon illuminated the clearing. The shadows danced as the wind stirred the branches of the trees. The howling gales were one of the few things Elliott could hear as he watched all the people he had gathered. Kai and Jaxon stood by his side. Leon stood by his mother, Scarlett. A strict woman with blond short hair, dark eyes and tasteful clothes and makeup. Her noble posture was fitting for the High Witch of Elan Coven. The leader for the Council.

Elliott did not like that she came along with her heir. The witch coven is not ruled by one person, but a council. High Witch was merely the one chosen to represent them. Normally, at least one or two Councilmen would join the meeting. Since they weren't, it must mean that they have put no importance on this meeting.

Beside them stood a blond man in his forties. With a boyish grin, only a few wrinkles revealed his age. His green eyes watched them with mild disinterest and the druid boy Hamish Macrae whispered to the man, seemingly to introduce everyone here.

This was the new Head Druid and the one who leads the dwindling numbers in the Druid Coven. Elliott has heard fairly little about him and merely knew that he was from a coven to the south instead of the North, where most of the Druid Covens is located. Though he did not like the strange expression the Head Druid sometimes showed when he looked at the shifters. It was something close to disgust.

Kai stared at the person standing a bit off the witches. She stood there with her arm across her chest with a fierce glare, sexy curves, and long strawberry blond hair. Her brown eyes watched them all with caution and you could feel her hostility and pride. She was rather tall for a woman and Elliott could see her muscles move when she turned to talk to Alex Lloyd who stood by her side looking apathetic.

This was the Lynx shifter Freya Cigan, also considered the leader of all other shifters. Though there was never an election. Most just follow her lead. The Price brothers have known her ever since they were small. Kai has had a large crush on her even if he has never been able to do anything constructive with his feelings.

Kai pulled out a flask with whiskey and Elliott wonder where he even hides all his drinks. Watching his brother take a rather large sip of the alcohol, he decided to begin as the last person was late. Elliott can talk to him later.

"Thank you all for coming here this evening," Elliott began but was interrupted by Scarlett who seemed eager to lead the meeting.

"Though I do appreciate you reaching out to us, I still must wonder for what purpose we have all gathered here today."

"If you let him speak, witch, you might find out," Freya snapped and Scarlett glared at her. The Lynx had no problem meeting her glare with one of her own.

"And you say that men are territorial," Alex said cheerily. Apparently amused by the hostility in the air. Elliott frowned at him. Not that he had put any instructions on who to bring but...

Leon made sense since he was the heir to his mother's position. Hamish Macrae is one of the few druids left who has been here for years, so the newly arrived Head Druid might want some advice from him. But Alex... Why was he here?

Elliott never got his answer so he just continued to speak with the others. "I have called you here to ask for your help."

"Witches don't meddle in shifter affairs," said Scarlett and Freya snorted.

"So you claim but you Graycrests are not shy in sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong."

Elliott continued before this could escalate. He did not invite them to fight. "A rival alpha has come to compete for the spot as the next Patriarch."