Chapter 9

(Happy Valentine, here comes chapter 9!)

Elliott rushed down the hallway in the Art Guild. He had seen the ambulance and police car just outside and tried to keep the curious students away while he tried to figure out what has happened. Of course, something bad would happen the day he went on a date...Meeting.

He might not believe in fate but clearly, someone is trying to tell him something. He was stopped by a policeman but was allowed to pass by another who was a member of his pack.

"What happened?" Elliott asked.

"An attack. Wolves," his pack member reported bitterly.

"Who was the target?"

"The damn... Sorry, the witch. Eh, the teacher in Dark Arts."

"Pyramus Marshall," Elliott said grimly. That can't be a coincidence.

"Yeah, that isn't the bad news though. Jack Brown was hurt in the attack," the pack member growled." The poor, old fool tried to save the witch."

Elliott groaned in dismay. The old janitor has worked on the school for almost fifty years. His grandfather had been a wolf, even though Mr. Brown himself never had been chosen. He was still considered by many to be part of the pack. This was not good.

"That damn witch!"

"I thought you said this was done by wolves?"

"Well technically, but that damn hedgewitch put a curse on the wolves with a snap of his fingers. He could have done it easily before old Brown was hurt. But he didn't!"

"Magic cannot be done easily, I needed time to cast the curse. Dear, old Brown gave me time," Pyramus said who just arrived at the scene.

"Did you see who did this?"

"Some wolves I have not seen and some I know very well as they are students. One was called... What was the pretty little redhead called? Darryl?"

"Dale Hawker," Elliott muttered and Pyramus snapped his fingers.

"That's the name."

"If Dale was here then so must Mark as Dale is never far behind him," Elliott thought grimly and bit his lip. Were the other from Ronan's pack?

"Why attack you though? Why be so foolish?" Elliott mused and Pyramus gave him a light-hearted chuckled.

"Most likely, to gain respect. You just witnessed how this pack member reacted when he talked about me," Pyramus pointed at the pack member who winced," can you imagine the respect Mark would have gotten if he had succeeded."

Elliott watched the ambulance drive away with Mr. Brown. He could only thank his lucky stars it had not been Pyramus. If it had, then he most likely would have lost some of his pack members who hated dark witches and wanted Pyramus gone.

This is starting to escalate and he had a feeling it only could get worse from here on out.

*****

Jaxon walked through the dark forest. The snow lit up his path but the trees still obscured the moon. He took a deep breath of the cold air but came to a halt when he smelled something making his wolf growl.

Smoke. A lot of it.

He soon saw a familiar shape of white hair as Blake stood in front of the mansion briskly reading his grimoire. Jaxon rushed forward and grabbed onto Blake.

"Are you okay?"

"I... She... Jaxon, she is still in there!"

"Who?"