Chapter 15

Jaxon covered his nose staring at the boy he loved. Blake had turned into a creature he hardly would call werewolf. The air was thick with blood and residue of human skin still covered parts of the wolf standing on two legs growling with unfocused eyes. What the hell happened? What should he do?

"Millie!" Jaxon heard a female shout and turned to look at an even stranger scene. A tiny girl with a flannel shirt growled at the creature. She did not look natural as well as the eyes were covered by a white film, fangs heaped out of her mouth as they were too big for it and black blood flowed down from her eyes. She scratched Clover with her unnaturally big claws but Clover refused to let her go as the girl named Millie tried to attack Blake. Or the creature that was supposed to be him.

"Get her out of here!" Elliott shouted and Freya grabbed onto the girl and threw her out of the church.

"Blake?" Ahriman walked carefully over as the creature tilted its head.

"Ahriman? I can't see. It hurts so bad." Blake's voice came out from the creature's mouth and sent shivers through Jaxon's body. It sounded so wrong hearing his gentle voice coming from such a horrid creature.

"Focus on my voice, don't let-"

A roar echoed as Ronan attacked the creature that let out a ferocious response and threw itself at Ronan. With a speed hard to see, he ripped at Ronan's chest. Not even hesitating to try to rip his heart out.

"Jesus! Stop him," Elliott groaned and Jaxon did not hesitate to run towards Blake but was stopped by several of the disarray wolves of Ronan's pack. It did not stop Ahriman though who just walked through the wolves who turned to ash in front of his eyes.

The air became thick with the scent of blood, and ash mixed to create a terrible feeling of horror. Ronan roared and threw both himself and Blake out through the stone wall of the church. Ahriman cursed and followed them threw the wall as did Jaxon but at a slower pace.

He could suddenly hear a howl at a distance. Ronan called for a retreat. He must have been badly hurt by Blake's attack. Jaxon did not care but he heard Elliott give the order to Kai and some of the others to take up the chase. With heavy footsteps, Jaxon rushed out to find Blake.

He soon saw a scene that both gave him relief and grief. Blake had slowly started to turn back to the boy he loved. Ahriman held onto his hand watching the claws fade while he inspected the unconscious Blake. Elliott soon arrived at the scene and stared at Blake in horror.

"What the hell was that? Is he-"

"He is fine. His neck is broken," Ahriman sighed and let go of Blake's hand after it turned back to normal.

"Broken?! Is he dead?" Jaxon exclaimed and rushed forward grabbing onto Blake's body.

"No, it seems that Ronan Walsh might have just saved him by breaking his neck," Ahriman said and brushed off his clothes while rising to his feet.

"How? What did Blake do?" Elliott persisted.

"Apery, he used a magic craft called Apery," Ahriman said like it explained everything.

"What is Apery?"

"A form of magic, I just told you."

"You are avoiding the question. Why?" Elliott grumbled.

"Because it is forbidden," A boy came out with a grin on his face. Jaxon smelled witch but did not like the lad. He looked shifty. What the hell did he do here?"It was banned as it was considered immoral."

"So it's dark magic," Elliott muttered who did not notice the boy.

"Bullshit, it was considered immoral since it was too powerful. Apery copies the power of the target. Too few were able to learn it but those who did became powerful. Too much for the covens who banned it," Ahriman snorted and glared at the boy who raised his arms.