Chapter 14

Jaxon went into the conservatory and smiled when he spotted Blake. Blake sat with a strange ticking device beside him and muttered words in front of a candle. The candle lit, then was extinguished. The little rabbit, named Coney, slept on Blake's lap while Ahriman was nowhere to be seen. Jaxon stalked closer and leaned over with a frown.

"What are you doing?"

Blake let out a shout of surprise while the little rabbit rushed up shouting danger. It took a while for the two of them to settle down and both glared at Jaxon who scratched his head with a dumb look on his face.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," Jaxon said with a smile before pointing at the door behind him," you might want to have your front face the door so that you will know if anyone comes in."

Jaxon could here Blake mutter that way too many people seem to disturb his training section.

"So what are you doing?"

"Training, I finally got the hang of the next fire spell. I can now extinguish the fire I create," Blake said proudly.

"Wait, you couldn't extinguish it before? I thought that was a basic spell."

Blake muttered a word under his breath and Jaxon yelled out in surprise when a small flame scorched his favorite jacket. It was not strong enough to do too much damage but it left a distinct scorch mark.

Blake just humphed along with Coney and both refused to look at him.

"Sorry, sorry. I did not mean to tell you that you are bad at spells. I meant that most learn those spells very fast," Damnit, he is still digging his own grave. Better change the subject.

"I am a bit distracted. I encountered a serious problem that I needed to turn over to Elliott. It still bothers me."

That seems to catch Blake's attention as he opened his eyes and peered at him.

"You remember that ginger, Dale. The cocky Delta. I found him in the toilet crying. He was covered in bruises and bleeding from bite marks. Someone did a number on him," Jaxon explained quickly. He notices Blake growing rigid.

"Who?" Blake's voice trembled and Jaxon felt his wolf grow warningly. Something was wrong.

"Most likely Ronan. Or maybe Mark. The bruises were clearly from several people but the deeper ones wouldn't heal. That means that they are from an Alpha. Wounds from Alphas don't heal easily. Mark would never hurt Dale, at least he never did before. But Ronan would not appreciate such a confident Delta. He preferred them to be a tad more obedient according to Elliott," Jaxon explained as the atmosphere got heavy.

"So they beat him?" Blake said quietly. Jaxon could not see his face as his white hair covered it but he could see that his face was pale.

"Seems like it. They might have... done more. We are not sure," Jaxon muttered and sensed anger coming off Blake.

"There is no need to worry. Elliott is going to confront Ronan about it. Dale will be okay," he said quickly in hope of calming Blake down.

Blake did not answer and merely stared at the candle like he wanted to burn it to a cinder.

*****

Elliott walked over to the church that has become Ronan's base of operation. Joshua followed suit with a bitter look on his face. He looked ready for blood. Elliott himself hoped that he could pull Dale out of the place without bloodshed but he knew that it was wishful thinking. Deltas may be seen by Ronan as weaker but they were still an asset. He would not give him up without a fight.