Chapter 5

(The picture above is of Matthew Nottingwood, the new head druid. Enjoy!)

"How dare they even think of putting the blame on me?!" Blake exclaimed and paced through the classroom while Pyramus seemed to read some random book. Blake had no idea if he was listening or not.

"That is how it usually is. Why do you think that there are only two Hedgewitches left? The rest left when they heard of Fingal Keir. They knew that they would be blamed and ran as fast as their legs could go," said Pyramus.

"So I'm stupid not to run?"

"No, just more courageous. Most of us have stopped fighting it, we just know that unfair treatment is common when you are a Hedgewitch."

Blake leaned over Pyramus's desk and he looked up from the book.

"I don't think that I need to say this but... do nothing for the coven. If they are so eager to put the blame on Hedgewitches then they don't need our magic!"

"Well, haven't you grown a spine, little representative."

"I am dating an Alpha wolf, fought a mad druid, have two spirits, one of them is the evil twin of God and I'm bunkered with an Alpha Asian Golden Cat. Grow a spine? I had to grow metal on the damn thing to not be eaten alive. Now-"

"I haven't done any business with the coven. But others might as it's their livelihood. We hedgewitches aren't like the coven. We have no clear leadership and no real unity. Everyone does what they want and take responsibility for what they do," Pyramus shrugged," most likely, why we are such an easy target."

"So we have no prominent figures among the Hedgewitches?"

Pyramus put the book away and stroked his beard with a distant look on his face.

"Well, there is Cainen Harwen..."

"Harwen, I have heard before that they were Hedgewitches but abandon that when they entered the Elan witch coven," Blake mused.

"That is accurate, but one of them, Cainen Harwen, left the coven to go back to his roots. He believes that the Harwens sold out for power," Pyramus explained.

"But?"

"But what?"

"I am assuming there is a but there somewhere?"

"But Cainen might not want to help you. He left the coven because he didn't want to be a part of their intrigues. When trouble hit the fan, he left. I'm not sure that you can pull him back here but if you do... Well, he is rather famous among the Hedgewitches here and rather charming," Pyramus said with a shrugged. Blake cocked an eyebrow and Pyramus replied with a laugh.

"No, I haven't slept with him. I do prefer women, mind you. But Cainen has charm and is a tad of a rebel. That makes him charismatic to other Hedgewitches."

"Which will be of help if I want to gather their support," Blake muttered and noticed that Pyramus had started to write down something on a piece of paper. He ripped it off, folded it and handed it over to Blake.

"What is it?" asked Blake.

"Cainen's phone number. You might have to try several times as he is often... Occupied but persistence almost always works."

"Thank you!"

"Don't thank me yet. Cainen is an expert of avoidance so it might be hard to convince him-"

"I'm sure I can convince him!" Blake said eagerly and ran off with another thanks.

"You better not get your hopes up," Pyramus muttered and pulled up his book again.