11.

⛔⚠️⛔⚠️⛔⚠️⛔⚠️⛔⚠️⛔⚠️⛔⚠️⛔⚠️⛔
Small Violence Ahead

After a somewhat quiet Sunday, Monday had turned up.

Steph and I kept ourselves occupied in home room and afterwards was maths. Maths meant field work again. This time however, we were sent in groups to measure the area of buildings.

And you guessed it, I was stuck with Dean again. We were sent over to the science block to do measurements. Except with measuring tapes this time, we had to learn it in feet and converting it to metres.

So we were left with the walk, alone, by ourselves.

"Hey, so," Dean started a conversation with me and I was in an alright mood to continue through. "How good are you on a guitar?"

The question threw me off a bit but I recovered quickly, pushing my glasses back up and pulling my beanie downwards.

"Meh, alright, I think."

"Do you do music as a lesson here?"

I frowned slightly, unsure on what to make of his curious questions. "Yeah."

"Oh, cool. I'm actually surprised we aren't together in that class too."

From my peripheral vision in the corner of my glasses, I saw a small smirk on his face and it made me mirror it. "Yeah, me too, compared to you are nearly in all my other classes." Then I let out a nervous chuckle.

We arrived at the science block and paused for an awkward moment before I said, "let's get started then, shall we?"

Dean mumbled out a reply as we started measuring with our feet, counting each step we took.

By the time we got to the end of the block, Dean was filled with other questions.

"Why are you so eager to do the school work? You don't even slack of a bit."

I pressed my lips together, thinking of an appropriate answer that was still vague in a way as I pulled my beanie down again. "Talking to you is me slacking off. Me talking to anyone is me slacking off."

Dean chewed on the answer I gave him as I was left wondering when he will notice I didn't answer the first question. It wasn't long before he noticed.

"But that doesn't answer why you rather do school work."

I pretended I didn't hear Dean as I scribbled down a number and started walking again, too busy counting my steps.

"Elizabeth." I heard him call after me.

"Eight, nine, ten..."

"You said something, the other day, about it being here you prefer."

"Thirteen, fourteen, fifteen..."

"Elizabeth! Don't ignore me!"

That's when I snapped. Turning to Dean, feeling flustered already, I let my mouth take over. "Frankly, that is none of your business." I started on him, loosing count as I stepped closer to him. "What my preferences are is of no concern to you at all."

Then I stilled, trying to think what number I was up to and where exactly I was standing.

"What's wrong? Is the good girl pissy because I interrupted her learning?"

Facing Dean with a nasty pout, I went to yell at him some more when I suddenly sighed and went back to the start.

"Where are you going?" Dean yelled after me.