16.

Turns out, I've advanced further than Dean in geography. And I wasn't at school!

I spent twenty minutes, give or take, helping Dean as he was completely lost on the subject before Steph pulled me away, telling me we have to wash my hair out.

"Now, I have to also blow dry and style it." She added.

My eyebrows raised higher on my forehead, hearing the new information.

"You never said that!" I whined as she tried her hardest to not wet my face. Steph did not succeed in that.

I couldn't hear what she said as I had water rush over my face and in my ears. It felt like a demonic baptism where there was only a fifty percent chance of not drowning.

After finally able to get some hair, I could feel myself looking like a drown long haired Maltese dog.

"Remind me to give you a one star review on yelp." I teased, drying my face.

"I'm still practising!" Steph shrieked at me.

I rolled my eyes at her, a small grin on my face. I had left Dean in the dining room where we have been studying.

"Actually, I'll style it later." She suddenly stated to me. "You need to do your studies and so does Dean. I... have to as well."

With an arched eyebrow I glared at my friend before shaking my head. "Whatever." I grumbled out as I took my beanie. I wrapped my hair up in to a bun and placed my beanie on my head.

"Hey, Beth." Steph called to me. "What's with the scar behind your ear? Is that why you wear a beanie most days?"

I traced the scar. I've never really seen it, I can feel it. I gave Steph a shaky nod before pulling down my beanie, covering it up. "Happened a few years ago." I mumbled to her. I didn't want to talk about it and Steph saw that. She let the topic drop and I left the laundry, heading back to Dean.

That scar was from an incident a few years ago, One where and mum and dad were fighting and something was thrown, landing against the back of my ear, requiring stitches. I think I was eight or nine then.

Dean looked at me in a weird way and before I could ask him why, he spoke. "What's the point of getting your hair done if you're going to hide it?" He asked me, shrugging his shoulders and sitting back.

"I didn't have much choice on being Steph's tester bunny." I snarled back, annoyed, before sighing. "Can we drop the topic about my hair, please." I stated in a nicer tone.

"I'm nearly done anyway, then I'll be out off your hair..." I saw the face he pulled and I couldn't help myself, I giggled. It was short lived as I slapped my hands on my mouth, horrified at myself.

"Was that a girly giggle?" Then Dean started on the teasing, turning his body towards me more.

"No!! I screamed in to my muffled mouth and hands. "Can we do the work?"

I looked away, feeling the pink blush on my cheeks, embarrassed that I did such a laugh. I didn't force it, it came naturally, but it wasnt my giggle. The one I know and trust me, it came from my mouth, but I don't giggle like that! I know what kind of giggle that worked it's way up. The same one Steph has when she is with Tommy. The same one I hear Lisa do around Matthew.

Trying to forget that second happened, I peeked over at Dean's work and gasped upon reading the first two lines.

"You can't copy me, Dean!" I shrieked at him, taking his work book away from him.

"I didn't do it word to word." Was his defence but he had a cheeky grin on his face and I found myself not reprimanding him anymore. Instead, I sighed, smiled and shook my head, acknowledging the defeat.