27

It took forty minutes before anyone decided on what they wanted to eat.

We all chipped in, except for me since I have no money. We were sitting around a small table, burgers in front of us, chips to share in the middle as Tommy laughed at something Dean said.

I sat back watching the trio. Steph was holding all of Tommy's left arm, cuddling in to it while he threw a chip at Dean who was laughing, leaning back on the chair.

I smiled at them.

Idiots.

Steph smiled, looking at me and I beamed back at her. Tommy had his phone on the table, music playing lowly.

I took a chip, placing it in my mouth and chewed, trying not to laugh.

Dean and Tommy were now in a food fight, calling each other names and laughing.

Dean grinned widely as he calmed down taking his coke, gulping at it.

I liked what we were doing. Normal teenager shit.

It wasn't long before we finished and I stole the beetroot off Deans burger and shrugged at him, grinning as I ate it.

Dean pouted but didn't say anything.

"Oi, Dean. Is your board still in your car?" Tommy asked.

"Yeah." Dean threw his keys towards Tommy as he went to the car and I watched as Tommy pull out a skate board.

"Oh god." I groaned playfully.

Tommy jumped on the board and we all followed, getting up and leaving the table as we ran after Tommy.

"Tommy!" Steph laughed. We stopped at the road and looked before crossing, running to the park across the road. Tommy was there, showing off, doing tricks.

"Ya show off!" Dean yelled. "Imma gonna laugh so hard if you land on your ass!"

I giggled and sat by the nearby bench. Steph stood beside me, watching her boyfriend and Dean joined, grinning and shaking his head, his hand messing his hair.

"Steph, go fetch the idiot." Dean joked. Steph gave him a look and I laughed again.

"He was your idiot before he was mine!" She chuckled but went anyway.

"I didn't know you can skateboard." I said once I stopped laughing.

"Occasionally." Dean shrugged. "I have many talents."

I smiled wider, stretching my legs. "This was a good idea." I spoke softly.

"So you're enjoying yourself?"

"Watching you two idiots, yeah." I laughed again.

"I aim to please." Dean grinned wider, bowing to me.

"Excellent." I played along. "Kneel lower." I pretended to speak with a dignified tone, pointing to the ground, my face blank.

"Of course." Dean knelt down on one knee and I couldn't hold it in any longer. I started laughing again. My sides were hurting and so were my cheeks.

"Get up." I said to Dean between the giggles.

Dean stood up, chuckling to himself. "So, Beth," Dean started at the same time I spoke.

"Look, there they are." I pointed to where Steph and Tommy were. Tommy held Steph's hand and the skateboard under his other arm.

"What? Oh. Right."

I turned back to Dean. "What were you going to say?" I asked him innocently.

Dean shook his head. "Don't worry." He smiled as he nodded towards Tommy and he returned the gesture.

My phone rang in my hand and I looked at the screen. I was confused because only five people have my number, three of those people are with me. Ally and Melanie were the other two.

Melanie's name came up on the screen. I had her saved as Coolest Aunt Ever.

"Excuse me." I pardoned myself and answered the call, walking away from the group. "Hi, Aunty Melanie." I said smiling.

"Oh, you sound like you're in a good mood."

"Because I am."

"Excellent. I'm so glad to hear that. How was school?" Her question was innocent enough but her tone was the 'I'm snooping.'

"Today was a good day, aunt. I wasnt in trouble. I had a good day." I smiled again, taking slow steps.

"Good. Are you still going away on the weekend?"

"Yes." I answered plus nodded my head.

"Do you need money for accommodation? Food? Clothes? Activities?"

"Oh." I paused and turned to ask Dean when I saw how far I had walked away. I watched from the distance as Dean and Tommy were playing about again. I kept watching, realising that both Tommy and Steph were ganging up on Dean. I frowned. Why?

"Bethie? Are you still there love?"

"Uh, yeah. I don't know. Maybe."

"Do you need money?" She asked again. "I can drop it off now if you want."

"Oh." I felt overwhelmed suddenly. "No."

"Elizabeth." Was her warning tone.

"I'm not home right now." I told her, still watching the trio.

That had Melanie's interest. "Where are we?"

"Um, out. Steph and I went with her boyfriend and his friend to a small burger shop, got some dinner and now at the park."

I heard Melanie hum but I kept watching Dean and Tommy. Tommy gave Dean a small shove and Dean returned it but I wasn't concerned because both were smiling as was Stephanie.

"Oh, is that friend the boy I met?"

"What?" Melanie got my attention again. "Yeah. Dean."

"Oh. I like him. He looks hot. I hope he is responsible, Elizabeth."

I blinked, taking my attention away from my friends. "Um, yeah?"

"Well, I have some money here for you for the weekend, honey."

I sighed. Melanie wasn't going to take no for an answer. "Fine. I'll see if Dean can bring me over and I'll get it later."

"Ah. This Dean drives?"

"Aunty." I warned her lowly and heard her soft giggle.

"Okay. I'll see you later. Love you."

I hung up the phone. Overwhelming was one big emotion in me. I didn't want her money. I know she has money but I didn't  want her to waste it on me.

I slowly walked back to my friends. They were still doing what it was they were doing when Steph cleared her throat and smiled. "Come on, Beth!" She said a bit loudly, making Dean and Tommy stop whatever they were doing.

Dean let Tommy go, letting him stand upright.

"Hey." I greeted again, looking at each person weirdly.

"Ready?" Dean asked us all as we went back to cross the road.

"Um, actually, can I ask a favour?" I asked Dean quietly. Dean paused and turned back to me.

"Sure."