13.

Steph and I were in the cafe line, buying lunch when I heard her squeal Tommy's name, waving at him.

As always, Dean was there, next to Tommy as he ate a bread roll, talking to his mate.

Steph and I collected our lunch and we walked over by the shady tree we usually sit under.

I prayed that Dean will say nothing about my singing. I hate people knowing I can actually sing. The people in my music class and Steph are the only ones that know and I like Steph's reaction to my singing. She doesn't care. But Dean was ogling me. He heard me and I don't know how much he did hear.

We ate our lunch, me staying silent while the others spoke. Then before long, Steph and Tommy decided to make it in to a make out session.

"Guys..." Dean moaned. "Piss off elsewhere. I don't wanna watch either one of you suck faces."

The whole tone of his sentence had me smirking. I wholeheartedly agreed.

"Whatever." Steph muttered as they finally pulled apart. They lost each other in their talking and Dean and I were on the outskirts.

That's when he attacked. Not literally, but to me, yeah.

"I didn't know you could sing." He said softly, opening a packet of chips.

It was enough to pull Steph's attention. "You heard Beth sing?"

Dean nodded and I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me. Pulling my beanie down, I tried to become invisible.

"Yeah, wow." Dean stated then whistled. "Amazing." He added, looking at me. I could feel myself blushing.

"Ok! Can we drop it now?" I snapped but noone paid me any heed.

"She is amazing, isn't she?" Steph asked, her eyes wide.

"And that guitar! You didn't tell me you were that good." Dean said. I couldn't take it anymore and stood up, storming away. There was still twenty minutes of lunch left.

"Beth!" Steph called out but I ignored her, gripping my bag strap, taking deep breathes.

I hate being noticed. When people notice me, they tease me like the bitch gang. They get to know me and ask questions like Dean.

I went to the library and dropped my bag by the door and entered it. Inside smelt of books and there was hush chatter throughout the place. Kids studying or hanging out to get away from the sun outside.

I went to the back of the library. Every now and then, there are reading nooks set up and I sat on the bean bag, away from everyone. No one was near me, no one notices me and I stayed there, quietly thinking to myself.

This is where I go when Steph isn't at school through lunch time. Its like a safe zone for me.

I however only got about five minutes to myself when a familiar person appeared.

"Why are you here?" I asked Dean as he came closer and sat on the floor next to me.

He looked around the place, amazed. "I can't believe I came in here during my lunch." He muttered to me.

I repeated my question.

"Because I told Stephanie I'll look for you and apologise."

That had my eyebrows high. Dean didn't look at me however, just staring straight ahead.

"Apologise for what?"

"For making your singing in to a big deal. Stephanie told me you don't like that. A fuss being made about you, that is."