44.

I slept Friday night with a smile on my face.

I however was awakened quite rudely Saturday morning.

"Get up, Beth!" Steph screamed at my door. It startled me and I was petrified for a split second, knowing the other shoe had finally dropped but it was only because it was nearly nine in the morning, Steph was dressed and bored.

Steph was in a long breezy cardigan and had on ripped jeans, tan boots and a tight singlet.

"Your clothes are on your bed." She stated in a matter of fact voice.

"My clothes?" I asked, confused about what was happening now that my heart had slowed down again.

"Yes. Your clothes."

I frowned at her then groaned. "Steph, were you in here while I slept?"

"Yeah. And for once, you weren't crying or gasping or jerking around. Did we have a good night last night?" Came her sing song tone.

Rubbing my eyes, I nodded. "Yeah, it was fun." Then I picked up the shirt and frowned again. This looked too small.

"Get dressed. We are going out." Steph nodded. "Yep. Oh, yeah, you have a visitor too."

I didn't know who she was referring to so I got up and got dressed, cursing Steph the whole time and I told her too. "This is a bloody belly shirt, Steph. You know I hate them."

"It's cute." She shrugged as we went to the kitchen. My belly was only slightly exposed by the shirt and it was flannel as well so I gave her credit for that but it was making me so self conscious.

My hair was still a mess as I ran my fingers through it till I saw who was waiting for me in the kitchen.

"Aunty Mel!" I smiled and went up to hug her.

"Good morning, sweetheart." Mel smiled back at me. "Steph has been telling me how busy you've been lately." Mel poked at me, making me blush.

"Uh, yeah, I had a date." I whispered, slightly embarrassed.

"Oh, who's the lucky boy? Oh. Is it that hot one you're friends with?" Mel smiled widely at me and I looked at her mortified, my cheeks burning from the blushing and seeing Steph nod her head enthusiastically.

"My gosh. Stop it. The pair of ya's. We are friends!" I blinked profusely at them.

"I'm teasing, darling. Any way, the reason for my visit however is short lived. But, despite your constant walk outs from school, the fighting has stopped, so bravo, one out of two ain't bad."

My smile disappeared. "The school rang you?"

Mel nodded her head with a look of serious on her face. "I however am over looking all that. Hormones are a bitch and I certainly don't miss that from my teenage days. I came by to give you this."

Mel handed me an envelope and I opened it to see the money inside. Instantly I shook my head and gave it back to her. "That's too much, sorry but I can't accept that."

"Nonsense. Teenage girls are expensive beings. Trust me, I remember myself. Now, you asked for somewhere to stay over the holidays while Steph went away. You are more than welcome to stay, but I won't be there on the Sunday night, and again the following week."

"That's fine." I nodded as Mel shoved the money back in my hands.

"Now, do you girls need a lift anywhere?"

"The mall." Steph answered immediately. "Please."

Mel smiled widely. "Excellent choice." She laughed. "Come on. I'll give you girls a lift."